daytime naps

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by oct-bump, Dec 22, 2009.

1. oct-bump

oct-bump Well-Known Member

Where do you put your LO for daytime naps? I'm wondering if my LO is not getting enough rest during the day. She usually cat naps (20 to a hour btwn meals) in her bouncy seat, but lately she has been really cranking and doesn't seem to get comfy in the seat anymore.

2. PitBullMommy

PitBullMommy Princess, FF & Angel Mom

Both mine go into their cribs for naptime

3. RyleighsMommy

RyleighsMommy Mother of 1 and expecting

My LO takes her nap in her swing...of course she sleeps at night there also, its the only place she will sleep for any extended period of time.

4. oct-bump

oct-bump Well-Known Member

Do you put them in the crib even for cat naps? I wonder if I should try it.

5. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

My baby only two weeks old but when I get her nap tims down (mean while we let her sleep in her bassinet) we are going to put her in her crib for naps. I would put her where she comfy and what is comfy for both of you!

6. penguin77

penguin77 Pround mummy of 2 :-)

I put Jac in his cot for naps since he's been approx 5 months old (used to be in the bouncy chair)....an he's now nearly 8 months old.

...since approx 3-4 months he only really takes 3x30 mins naps in the day. I think it's all he needs. Maybe you need to try the cot or maybe that's all the time she needs :shrug:

xxx

7. andbabymakes3

andbabymakes3 Just me and my girl

We found Holly slept much better once she was going into her cot in her room for naps - when she was tiny and used to nap in the lounge with us, she didnt sleep for long. Now she has naps (usually 3 a day) which are between 45 mins and 2 hours. Usually two 45 min ones and a 1.5/2 hour one.

My friends baby has 30 min naps a few times a day and he does fine. I think all babies are different, its just a case of working out what is good for yours.

Would def recommend trying her in her cot, see if it makes a difference. May take a few days for her to get used to napping there, but stick with it!