DD just threw her milk up - loads

E

emmalouise09

About 5 minutes after having her milk (shes on SMA) she threw it all back up.
It had scared the crap out of me as what looked like loads wasn't really loads at all.
It call came up at once no break in between, and it came out of her nose as well.
She has only ever threw up a little bit when she is winded.
Oh and she's 5 days old.

My LO used to throw up the best part of his bottle 2-3 times a day in the first few weeks. Horrible isn't it? If it's just once though I wouldn't worry. Hope you've got over the surprise! Are you worried?

It always bothered us more than LO. He was dying for more milk 2 seconds later! Worst part was the frequency though as he struggled with weight gain.

It's so stressful seeing them throwing up when they are so little though, isn't it? :hugs:

My Lo only ever did this once whens he was about 2 weeks old .... scared the crap out of me to as I was changing her bum at the time:haha:

I spoke to my midwife and she said babys tend to do this when they have gulped there milk down and the milk sits on top of a burp so when they do burp the milk comes up with it:shrug:

After this we began winding LO every 20ml or so until she was about a month old and never had the problem again:thumbup:

x x x x

Some babies do that occasionally and, although it freaks us mums out, its no problem at all. If she keeps doing it though I would take her to the doctor and ask if she might have reflux.

LO was on SMA milk at the hospital an he was always throwing the feed back up an switched him to cow an gate which helped him stop throwing it back up. Try changing the milk hun if not id recommend speaking to MW/GP :D x

carla did it all the time when she was little she does it once in a while now. the amount she was throwing up was alot and it would cover me and make a nice pool of milk inbetween my legs :) my health visitor just said it was due to wind blocking so when the wind needs to come back up it brings the milk ontop of it up too. x

My DD did this a few weeks ago but she had a tummy bug..And it wasn't just one bottle it was EVERY bottle & it was the whole bottle..Went on for nearly 2 weeks!!!

If it keeps happening I would take LO to the Dr just to be on the safe side..When their that age though it can be something as simple as milk on top of burp..When my DD was that age we used to give her half her bottle..Wind her..And then give her the other half and then wind her again. HTH :hugs:

Urgh, the projectile vomit - it's like something out of the Omen isnt it! Very scarey when youve never seen it before. My LO had reflux, and did it a LOT xx

She has only done it once, i was going to ask the midwife about it today as she was supposed to come round to do the check up but she didnt come she phoned to say she had to cancel and come tomorrow instead.
when she done it made panic, now i have started to wind her half way through a feed and then give her the rest and then burp her again....so far so good

xx

My LO used to do huge projectile vomits at least every other day. I never knew why but she gradually did it less and less often and it stopped completey by the time she was three months. It gives them such a fright, especially the coming out the nose part, it's horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->