dd playhouse/loft

Scout

Reaction score
Bit of a brag I suppose, but I've never built a playhouse before and I'm so happy with how it's turning out. I'm not finished yet and it's taking me longer than I thought it would, of course. LOL This will be in her playroom and I'll put her kitchen in it. There's a loft on top (or will be when I'm finished) I bought a wireless doorbell off Amazon, which I'm sure will be my daughter's favorite thing, and my least favorite by the end of Christmas Day :) . I've built stairs that are also cubby holes for extra storage. Can't wait until I'm completely finished.
[URL=https://s772.photobucket.com/user/jillw8601/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151128_135836_zpshtry6rik.jpg.html][IMG]https://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/jillw8601/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151128_135836_zpshtry6rik.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Wow that's amazing. I want one. For myself. I can't believe your building that. How long has it taken so far? I'd love to do something like that for my kids. But I'm awfull with measurements and I'm still waiting for oh to finish a toy box he started for ds 4 years ago.

Wow that's amazing. I want one. For myself. I can't believe your building that. How long has it taken so far? I'd love to do something like that for my kids. But I'm awfull with measurements and I'm still waiting for oh to finish a toy box he started for ds 4 years ago.

LOL

I know I like this more than daughter will. I'm making it sturdy enough so I can climb up in the loft and play. hehe It seems like it's taking me FOREVER! I can only work on it though once dd is in bed, or, like today when my mom took her for the day. Plus, I'm single and have no one to help so that makes it take longer. I started it about 2 weeks ago, maybe longer, and have been working on and off, whenever I get the chance. I'd say if you could work the whole day and had another person to help it'd be a 2 or 3 day project. Hope to finish it up this week. Oh, and when I first started building things, I was awful with measuring. I've just learned from making tons of mistakes!

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see when its finished. I'm sure your LO will love it :)

Wow that is seriously fab! How are you going to get it into your playroom? That'd be my downfall (well that and the fact I can barely even hang a picture :haha:), I'd make it and have to take it apart again to get it through the door :haha:.
Can't wait to see the pics when its finished :)

Wow that is seriously fab! How are you going to get it into your playroom? That'd be my downfall (well that and the fact I can barely even hang a picture :haha:), I'd make it and have to take it apart again to get it through the door :haha:.
Can't wait to see the pics when its finished :)

I will have to take it apart too. The entire front wall is one piece, the back is one piece and the sides are each one piece. those are bolted together so I can just unscrew the bolts. So basically there will be 4 separate pieces that have to be put back together. I'm not putting in the floor for the loft until I get it in her playroom. My mom is going to get her Christmas Eve morning and my dad is going to help me get it in. We're gone all of Christmas Eve day and evening and when we get home it'll be bedtime so she'll not go in the playroom. I just hope that once i get it in the playroom is all level and the door works LOL

That's fabulous! That little post box is just adorable . I'm sure she will be thrilled christmas morning. x

That is so cool, can't wait to see the finished product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->