DD1 keeps on crying when I leave her at pre-school

petite ping

Reaction score
DD1 is 4.5 and has been going to school since she was three (the UK equivalent would be preschool). She's happy to go and has lots of friends.

However for the last 3 weeks, every time I drop her off, she starts crying and begging me to pick her up earlier or not to leave her. The teachers tell me that once I leave everything is fine and when I pick her up she's happily playing with her friends.

She has never done that before - even when I dropped her off at the nanny's or at the creche so it's not really a regression. She does the same thing if her dad drops her off.

What's happening??

We tried asking her but she doesn't know how to explain it.

My DD has started doing this again lately, she's a lot younger than your DD but does exactly the same. I presume it's a seperation anxiety thing that comes and goes- a lot of children did it on and off when I was working in nurseries, I wouldnt be concerned, as awful as it is.

My DD is the same age as yours petite and for the last few days has been saying she doesn't want to go to school not crying as such but very whiney. I assume it's just a phase as like your DD she is happy playing and comes out very happy no mention of anything from the teachers !

I am assuming she is going to school this year? It can affect children in different ways, guessing preschool will have been talking about school and she may have visited? It can throw them out as I guess it's their routine changing they just can't put into words quite how they feel.

I don't think it's about school. Preschool and school in France isn't all that different.

They have set hours and set activities. The only difference is the amount of play.

There are a lot of changes going on..new baby coming - but she has been acting like this before she knew. Her dad will be moving abroad for work though we have decided not to tell the girls that he is moving as he will be coming back every weekend. That way it won't be too much of a change compared to now where he is always travelling for work but comes back every weekend. She will be changing preschools (new school sectorisation - we didn't get a choice) - but she doesn't seem too worried about that as her sister starts preschool in September and I think she's looking forward to taking care of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->