Dead pc

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
:hissy: My pc died last night.:cry: :cry: :cry:

It made crackling and popping noises, then started smoking, and now won't even turn on.:cry: :cry: :cry:
:hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

So.......

I get to go shopping for a new one! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thing is - I don't need all the crap that comes with them. I've already got a 21" TFT monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse, wireless router and multi-function printer/scanner. All I need is the pc with the Windows software (Vista preferably).

Where can I get one from? Any ideas?

dell? do they not sell seperately? i think pc world wud 2 :D

Hmm I think pretty much everywhere would be giving deals with this n that.
Your best bet might be to go to a smaller company shop and get a custom built one.

or get all the extras anyways and sell them on

I thought Dell too Yvanne, but the only options I can see is to upgrade to a bigger and better screen, not actually remove it! Same with PC World.

AG - hubbie has actually suggested that too, so we may have to. Bloody pain though.:hissy:

If you or OH know all the technical stuff, i know a good site where you can build a PC

I find ebuyer to be one of the best for computers (pricewise) :mrgreen:

https://www.saverstore.com/

I've had problems with them... bought 3 Laptops from them a few weeks ago; they took the money, kept it for a week and the refunded me with no explaination... I had to phone them to find out why (outta stock)!
Also worth noting that they used to be called savastore which went bust before re-opening as saverstore (not that it means much but when you're buying something expensive you want a reliable service).

You know what they say - you live with a plumber and you never get your own plumbing done.

Well, my pc is currently in bits on the table, and DH is a greenkeeper and the lawn's 6 inches long!!!! :rofl:

eBuyer good rep

Smaller companies custom built - personally I got ripped off :D

Lots of places sell seperate too like PC world etc

I've had problems with them... bought 3 Laptops from them a few weeks ago; they took the money, kept it for a week and the refunded me with no explaination... I had to phone them to find out why (outta stock)!
Also worth noting that they used to be called savastore which went bust before re-opening as saverstore (not that it means much but when you're buying something expensive you want a reliable service).

I googled the link as i could only remember the Aries part of the site. When i found it i did think about savastore and remembering it as being called that. I just thought i was being silly lol.

haha, i remember when my first pc exploded. not a nice smell.

anyhoo, with dell you can just get the base unit without monitor, speakers etc. still comes with a keyboard and mouse, but they are the kinda thing that can get broken easily.

https://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&kc=D4XESS01&l=en&oc=D07C15&rbc=D07C15&s=dhs&~ck=expbuy3

it has an athlon processor, but i got one for the first time with my new pc and i havent noticed any difference.

I'm a bit peeved to see dell have added XP back as an option -_- None of my games really work properly on vista. oh well.

happy pc hunting ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->