Dealing with Azoospermia

Project Bean

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, where to start... My husband and I started TTC in October last year while we were on assignment in India. Being in India, things are much cheaper, so just for fun we had a sperm count and fertility work up done - the news was not good.

Long story short my husband has been diagnosed with Azoospermia.

On return to the UK we went to our doctors and began the referral process for NHS funded IVF, this was at the end of December. We now have our first appointment with CARE Manchester on the 17th February - so everything is moving quickly which is amazing.

All of my tests have come back normal and bar the sperm count so have my husbands - we are still no wiser as to why there are no swimmers coming out! We are really hoping it's a blockage so that some can be taken during a SSR.

So that's the background. I have so many questions and this consumes me now.

So I thought maybe you ladies might know some of the answers -

- We have had the letter confirming NHS will be covering the treatment - but I know we have to pay for bits - does anyone know the rough costs of the fertility drugs we need?

- How do we know how many "goes" are covered by the NHS

- When we will know if the NHS will pay fr the SSR

That's it for now, the big ones, any help would be great - or if anyone else is going to CARE Manchester please do get in touch, it'd be great to chat :)

Hi
Sorry not going to be much help with your clinic, I know things vary massively from area to area. Where I am you only get 1 nhs treatment but everything is covered. I would ring your clinic and check.
It is great that you have an appointment soon. It really helps when things get moving.
Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->