dealing with reflux while bf please help

jen435

our miracle is on the way
Reaction score
Any mommys have a baby that suffers from reflux? My baby weighed 7lbs 10oz at birth. Ive been on the total elimination diet for 7weeks now and it hasnt helpped. Up to 6weeks old bf weight gain was going excellent. At 1month visit she was 8lbs 5oz. After the 6week mark she stopped nursing from midnight to 7:30/11am. No matter how much id wake her or try dream feeding for nearly 7-11 hrs of the day she refused to eat. Id pump after trying skin to skin diaper changes talking to her tickling her tapping breast and chin cold wash cloth etc. During day id feed every two hrs or on demand. She would often spit up or vomit (large amounts) her feeding up half time. Shes on zantac and prilosec. Today was her two month visit shes 9weeks old weighing 9lbs 1oz & 23 inches. Dr said her weights in 4% & hes concerned for brain development. Im feeding every two hrs from time she will eat to 11pm and pedi now has me adding 1ounce ebm with similac human fortifier and 1 tsp rice cereal into the supplemental nursing system. Since i been doing this pumping isnt emptying me and neither is she. Im getting engorged alot and its painful i do get rid of it thou and it just comes back on both sides. I need my supply. Im almost ready to throw in the towel. Yesterday she went 16hrs of not eatting anything. Today its going on 15hrs not eatting. Im just really concerned for her at this point.

As for diapers she typically has alot of wet diapers. Her soiled diapers though can be none to 1-44 a day. She only had one today and 4-5 wet today.

Wud u try giving her EBM in bottle during the night making it easy for her? I know its not great but at least she is over the 6 week mark so shudnt cause nipple confusion?

I do try to give her bottles at night. She wont take them. Its like trying to pry her mouth open by dripping milk but then she keeps it open and wont suck. Its like when she sleeps she sleeps. She used to dreamfeed and will take bottle during day for extra supplement thou

Wow....momma, 7 weeks of the TED....bless you. I had a hard time for 2 weeks. If it has not helped, do you still need to continue that diet??? You need nutrients as well. I am so sorry you are having a tough time, it must be frustrating. What advice are the doctors giving you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->