Dealing with the Bumps around Me

mollyeb

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and just looking for a little support/advice on coping. I'm 24 and DH and I have been TTC for 13 months now. We just started the process of fertility testing. I've been struggling with some irregular pain for quite a few months now, so my Dr. has set me up for an ultrasound and said a laparoscopy is the next step if the ultrasound turns up nothing irregular. I've been stressing lately about the possibility of surgery and feeling like a failure because of our difficulty. To add to all these emotions, yesterday my mom revealed to me that my SIL is now expecting baby #2. It's only taken her about 3-4 months to conceive. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for them and loving the idea of another niece/nephew, but the news hit me hard. I'm starting to think it's never going to happen for us. :cry:

Anyone else struggling with similar situations?

Sort of. It's easy for me to become pregnant, my issue is I can't seem to stay pregnant. All the while, my best friend is 33 weeks pregnant with baby number FIVE. I'm happy that they're able to grow their family but after awhile it's like, COME ON! To put the cherry on top, my SIL is currently 27 weeks pregnant (after having an abortion) because she thought getting pregnant would keep her off METH! :dohh::dohh:

This is a great place to vent! Hang in there, I hope you get good news.

Thanks chelsealynnb! I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling too. Isn't it difficult to handle others conceiving when they shouldn't? My other SIL (DH's stepsister) is on multiple drugs, has never had a real job, and keeps getting pregnant. Such a bummer in so many ways!

I feel your pain! We have only been TTC for about 4 months, but within this time at least 5 friends/family members have announced their pregnancies. Every single time I can't help but get upset about it. Then I feel bad because I know I should be happy for them : (

It's so hard when you know people or see people who should not be having kids, just popping them out like lollies! My DH's cousin revealed she was pregnant last year and the whole family did not react like I think she was hoping? My SIL just yelled out "what the f***!?" (She didn't mean to, but it was kind of funny:) ) but the cousin was not happy at all.
She is probably the LAST person who should be raising a child.....she's still a child herself and very irresponsible. She's never had a job because she doesn't want to "change who she is" ?? :shrug:
well she'll have to now!

I also know girls who really shouldn't be moms, and still they have at least two kids :/ Life is so unfair!

My cousin has 4 kids and is pregnant again with baby number 5, she has had the other 4 of them taken off her into care because she's on drugs and there's constantly fights going on at the house. Yet she's allowed to have more children???

Makes me very angry. My older sister and her husband on the opposite end of the spectrum are longing for a baby so badly and have had 3 miscarriages 20+ weeks :-( Life's so cruel at times. xx

It's horrible when you know people who should be parents and just seem not to succeed with it. Sometime I think I should develope a heroin addiction and BOOM I'll get pregnant! Ha ha.......maybe not so funny.

We have friends that had fertility issues, did over 10 rounds of IVF and ended up with a beautiful baby girl, only to lose her to lukemia at a young age.
Life is definitely not fair at times!

:-( That's so sad. I was sobbing my heart out at Surprise Surprise last night. Don't know if anybody saw it, the little boy with leukemia. I swear we are put on this earth to see how much sh*t we can take before we cave! xx

I agree, it's just so horrible to see children have to go through things like that :( they handle it so well. Better than I could!

I know right, children are so strong. That little boy wasn't even phased. Children are innocent little blessings and should be brought into families that have an amazing amount of love and want for them. I wish I had a magic wand sometimes to grant those people who can't have kiddies just one wish xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->