Dealing with work and every day life with sickness

Pinkangel08

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm ten weeks and suffering badly with sickness all day every day, I've been struggling to go to work and do every day chores which is hard and I feel so guilty, I've not been able to see any friends who also don't understand because they don't have kids, plus my partner gets frustrated when I am ill, and is so used to me being busy and do things. Could any one offer any advice on how to try and manage. I'm on cyclazine which eases it but not always.

I feel for you, I had hyperemesis gravidarum. I couldn't eat, I couldn't go out, I couldn't work so I was off sick for 6 weeks.

But it does go away for most. One day at around 12 weeks I woke up and it was gone. It was a very dark time for me, I've never felt so ill, but trust me it gets better!

I have HG and im on cylizine.

How you are is normal, no one understands apart from those who have suffered.

Have you shown your partner websites to help him explain?

i work from home but had about 6 weeks away from it, all i did was school run, visit docs and got admitted to hospital.

Is other tablets to try if you feel they aint helping enough.
I have no real advice as i found i just needed to rest.

Ive just had big relapse so cant say mine has greatly improved for the better yet.

I don't have HG, but have had pretty bad nausea and some vomiting, and even then, I find it hard to go to work (especially combined with the exhaustion). I really feel for you if your DH isn't as understanding as he should be though. Mine has been amazing every time I've been sick (comforting me, taking over stuff that I would normally have no problem doing), and if he wasn't, it would be very upsetting. I like pp suggestion of showing him some websites, if he would be open to that. Until I got pregnant, I had no idea how intense the sickness and tiredness could be, and I think a lot of people are like that. Good luck :hugs:

Sorry to hear you are so ill :( it's absolutely awful :sick:

I just started taking vitamin B6 and it has done wonders for me. I was so ill I couldn't eat or drink and wasn't getting enough sleep. But since taking it I'm only getting waves of nausea that are totally manageable.

I remember struggling to work with LO. And now I'm home with her and not in the work field I am so glad, but still it's extremely hard some days. Bring DH to a MW appt and have them explain to him what you are going through and how you need to change your activities to get rest so you can grow your baby and try to manage the rest of your life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->