Dear girls please answer. THX

macam

Reaction score
Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Canada-Winnipeg on March. I am we worried about my pragnancy.

Dear girls, can you please share with me what tests are accepted to do (for

free) ?

And what about Amniocentesis, Obstetric sonography?

Sorry for my english.

THANKS. :flower:

Assuming you're coming from outside of Canada... you'll need to get a Health card. Once you have one of those, you can start seeing a baby doctor, and any tests the doctor wants you to go and do (ultrasounds, blood tests, etc) you don't have to pay for.

You'd have to pay for medications, though. (Prescriptions, pre-natal vitimins, etc)

Dear Paxton,

Thank you for your answer!

I heard that in Canada the main tests for pregnancytests are blood tests, urine tests and one or two ultrasounds.

What about tests such as: Nuchal Translucency Screening, Obstetric sonography, Glucose Challenge test?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH - promise i will get better.

THANKS.

Dear Paxton,

Thank you for your answer!

I heard that in Canada the main tests for pregnancytests are blood tests, urine tests and one or two ultrasounds.

What about tests such as: Nuchal Translucency Screening, Obstetric sonography, Glucose Challenge test?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH - promise i will get better.

THANKS.

If your doctor has a reason to order those tests, s/he will do it. The key is to have a family doctor you trust, one that really listens to you and your concerns, and then have an open line of communication. Happy moving... it's cold right now but in six weeks, spring will be here and then it will be great! One of my best friends lives in Winnipeg with his husband and he was saying tonight they are having a horrible snow storm so pack lots of warm clothes! Thank goodness baby will be a little furnace inside of you too! And wear a hat because 80% of the body's heat escapes through the head!

I agree with the others, find a doctor here after you get your health card and see what they say.

It seems the number of scans/tests is different depending on province based on reading some posts on here. I'm not familiar with Manitoba so hopefully someone from Winnipeg can help you.

Where I am, the nuchal translucency screening is optional, glucose challenge test is required (unless you decline I believe), and we get an ultrasound at about 12 and 20 weeks. 30 week u/s optional. You may have other tests based on your and your partner's background.

Good luck! How far along are you?

Not sure if it's the same in Winnipeg, but in Ontario even if you come to the country holding permanent residence papers which entitle you to a health card you have to have not left Ontario for 180 days I believe (you basically serve a waiting period) before you can get your health card. So it depends on what status you are moving to Canada under and the provincial specific waiting period.

As for the tests, none are mandatory but standard you would have a 20 week anomoly scan and probably a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks. Checkups are every 4 weeks until the last 4 weeks when it becomes weekly. If you have problems, additional tests will be ordered.

Anything ordered by doctor (bar prescriptions) is free when you have valid health care. If you

Ok so I just looked it up online and unless you are less than 3 months pregnant by March, I would start saving money to pay for everything. Seems Winnipeg requires 6 month waiting period served in province once you have Permanent residence.

Delivery at a hospital averages about 10000 I believe...and hospital and testing fees would need to be dealt with directly with he doctor you choose.

Here is a link with the information..

https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/mhsip/

Thank you for your answers! :flower:

You really HELP me to calm down and not to be nervous about the moving.

I am sure that everything will be just great!

Hunnybear, THANKS FOR THE LINK! :kiss:

We are making immigration to Manitoba so when we come we will get

Permanent residence.

The most important is to find a good doctor and then everything will be OK.

I think, I will look for a doctor in hospital.

Thank again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->