• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

debate: do aliens exist?

Theres defo someting out there. Would be greedy of us not to share our solar system with at least one other life form? :lol:

I also believe there is intelligent life out there too. Why is it so unfathomable that we are not the only ones? Perhaps I am too openminded but id like to believe we are not alone :)

Yes. With all the millions of planets out there, chances are there must be at least one other one capable of supporting life.
However, I don't believe in aliens in the form of little green men or anything like you see in the movies. I don't believe they have UFOs or anything ridiculous like that. If they could fly to find us, we would have flown to find them by now. And, all this crop circle stuff - why would they come all the way here, to leave some marks in the ground and leave again? I'm pretty sure they would have stayed and explored, or at least stayed long enough for someone to get some proper reliable pictures/footage and it would be all over the news. I just don't believe any form of spaceship could come here without it being noticed by thousands or even millions of people. Just my opinion.
When I say aliens I mean any type of life form, most likely bugs etc

I believe. I don't really know what I believe in, but Aliens are what scares me the most in the world. Ok, one night, I swear on my LO's life, I saw a "space ship" 5 other cars pulled over on the side of the highway to look at it. It was a triangle of lights, and 3 other flying things with lights flew inside of it and then the big triangle flew away. Please explain that to me :rofl:

I think it would be wonderful if there were other life forms in the universe but I cannot say how far I believe such life forms exist or do not. But why should we be the only ones?

I do not go in for the 'I've been abducted therefore it must be true' alien bullshit - my best friend used to tell me of her abduction stories - yeah sure, like they are going to come and grab a random woman from Folkestone to study.

i think it's a scarier thought that we are all alone! there MUST be something else out there, in that big massive endless space!

just the thought of how big the universe is, totally freaky me out. i can't think about it for too long or i start feeling funny :haha:

just the thought of how big the universe is, totally freaky me out. i can't think about it for too long or i start feeling funny :haha:

I'm the same. The deep field images from the hubble telescope show just how huge the universe is. There must be intelligent life out there.

I'm a firm believer that aliens exist. It just doesn't seem plausible to me that they don't exist considering how big the universe is. It'd be cool if it turns out that Star Trek aliens exist. I'm waiting for 2063 to see if we actually do make first contact with the Vulcans...

I do believe that 'aliens' exist. But as long as they all stay where they are and don't end up in my front garden im fine with that ;)

Aliens scare the absolute crap out of me. I would rather wake up to find an axe murderer stood over me than an alien. I'm of the belief that it would take millions of lightyears for aliens to reach here so it's not possible they can visit earth but I don't think we're the only living beings in the entire vastness of space, that seems illogical.

Luckily you're more likely to wake up with an axe murderer standing over you than an alien, I'd rather risk the alien which isn't already proven to want to chop me into pieces!

Lol that was an exaggeration just to illustrate how much aliens scrare me :lol:

I'd like to think that any race intelligent enough to visit earth would also be intelligent enough not to just want to blow us up :)

I'm not scared of what they might do, I'm just scared of what they look like haha. With their big eyes and their skinny fingers... bleugh

Dopey are you sure it wouldn't be intelligent to blow us up? Humans anyway! Lol

Dopey are you sure it wouldn't be intelligent to blow us up? Humans anyway! Lol

Chances are after a while they would... once they'd done their research and seen what a joke the human race has become :haha:

2012 anyone? ;) it is my belief that 2012 will be when 'they' decide it is experiment over, didn't go to plan, let's start again!

I think within the next few years the government will release more info on knowings ...

I'm with Stephen Hawking on this, if there were aliens, why would they bother coming here abducting people.... *rocks back and forth*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->