Debate: size 0 - how thin is too thin?

I am curvy, more so than ever now. i was never a 0, maybe an 8 was my smallest and I looked boney and ill then, I like seeing a woman with a bit of meat on her bones, not skeletal, some hips some ass and boob. Like beyonce or shakira they have nice figures. I dont like the starving look at all, I dont even want to look like that I like my curvy size 10 I was. (far from that now I am)/

I've been a natural size 0 before I had my baby, and no, I didn't have much boobs. Personally, I get sick of people saying that real women have curves, I'm skin and bones, unattractive, anorexic, look like a boy, etc!!!!!!

It's rude and insulting. Just because some women naturally have that body type doesn't mean it's appropriate to make those comments. Can people who make those comments not be proud of being a size "X" (10, 12, 14, whatever) without putting down others to make you feel better?

I use to cry myself to sleep in high school when the girls made fun of my flat chest and I had to change in the washroom (yes, the stall next to the hiding overweight girl) because I was so ashamed I did not look like "a real woman".

I hope that those bullies are proud of themselves!

:hugs: I know what you mean. Thankfully I was never bullied but after having Grace I have been a natural size 4/6 (UK) I have 32B boobs and I hate being skinny. I eat like a horse. And it really gets me down when people say "Skinny girls are gross, they should get a bit of meat on them" or whatever. I get people saying to me all the time, "God look how skinny you are! Put some weight on!" They think it's ok to say because they're telling me to put weight ON. If I was overweight I don't think people would be so quick to voice their opinions on my weight. I've been to the doctors for tests to see if there is anything wrong with me that is making me stay so thin but they found nothing. I just have a fast metabolism. I don't look anorexic or anything because I have a small frame anyway (I'm 5'2) but I would give anything to be a size 10 at least. Even a size 8!

I think size 0 shouldn't be banned from catwalks, as long as the girl looks healthy and clearly eats properly. I'm naturally size 4/6 and I definetly don't starve myself! I love food lol.
I reckon catwalks should have all sizes on them, not just super skinny.
But I do think any girls with clear eating disorders shouldn't be aloud on the catwalk.

As for airbrushing, I don't think it should be banned. I have really bad self esteem issues as I hate the way I look (nothing to do with my weight, I'm just very unpretty lol) and I don't think the way I feel about myself is anything to do with airbrushed pictures. I think most people know they are airbrushed and to be fair, I don't want to look at a glamour mag and see someone looking rough!
x

I think that we should stop caring about women's sizes so much. it's not any more helpful ti be cruel about skinny people than to be mean about fat people. Everyone says oh it's about projecting a healthy image but you can't tell that about a person from their size unless they are incredibly large or small. i've been a size zero and lived off chocolate and couldn't run 10 minutes without losing my breath

I am a size 0. I am 5'0 too and have a petite frame.

But I will say this. Unfortunately, I don't eat much and I do stress about my weight. Why? Could it be because of the images of so called "perfect" women on tv, etc? More than likely, yes.

im a size 8 and i have curves in the right places i dont have any bones sticking out and do have a good weight and to be honest i get offended when people ask me if im eating properly a co worker asked me the other day if ive been eating properly because i look like ive lost weight ( i havent we just have new t shirts and they are a little baggier then the old ones!) and today while i am at work with the kids they are eating snack and because i was not eating anything (i had just come into work from having breakfast!) but yeah because i wasnt eating she asked if i wanted anyhting i said no and i heard her say no wonder your wasting away??!! im not wasting away i simply wasnt hungry.. but ever since i have been paranoid!! i came home weighed myself i actually put on a couple of pounds which made me feel better! so yeah nto only is it models but everyday people too!!

i also can see the effect it is having on kids aswell only today i had one of the 4 year olds tell me they dont want to eat their dinner because they want to look like a supermodel!! i was absoloutly horrofied but tried to keep my cool and just explained that we have to eat to stay healthy so we dont get ill ... thats not too harsh is it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->