• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Debt Payers and Savers Support group

£13 added to savings thanks to sales on Facebook! An Aquarium for £10 and 2 baby sleeping bags for £3. I have 11 things on ebay at the moment and 7 of them end tonight! FX'd for a last minute surge as at the mo only 2 of them have bids and they're the minimum! :dohh:

Just keep going everyone! I know it's hard and it feels like you're walking through clay at times, but trust me. We've worked too hard to go backwards. Ain't no way i'm letting any of us give up! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Things were going pretty well for us until this weekend, hubby kindly informed me our car needs new injectors and new tyres as soon as possible so that is the best part of £1000 we need to save for it rather than towards debts.
Some of our debt is what we owe my mum but she said she is happy for us to pay it back in smaller amounts for longer bless her!

Xxx

^^ very kind of your mum!!

Good look with the eBay stuff Aimee Lou!! What are you selling? Any boys clothes? Xx

Oooh just noticed I've deleted my ebay link from my sig.....will rectify that lol.

I sell anything I no longer need. At the mo I have a snowsuit, an outfit 3-6m, some nappy covers and an airfix kit lol :haha:

Made £5.40 over postage with 4 things so all good lol :thumbup:

£5.40 not bad!! :)

Ah too bad, my boy is 18m so I'm looking for 2 years +

£5.40 not bad!! :)

Ah too bad, my boy is 18m so I'm looking for 2 years +

Most of the stuff I'm selling is smaller as I have 3 boys so stuff that Earl grows out of gets kept for Edward and then again for Charlie. It's stuff that Charlie is too big for (hence the 3-6m) or stuff he's unlikely to wear in his current size. He's recently outgrown a whole batch of 6-9m stuff which I still need to sort through. :wacko:

Do you find you make much on ebay? I never done well at all on ebay and found sometimes id made myself out of pocket. I have £200 worth of cloth nappies that have never been used, I just went off the idea once he was born and I seen the shape of some of his nappies, but when I put them on ebay id only get 99p :( (granted they werent the expensive makes)

Im going to start stocking up agaon for a car boot sale, will wait until the weathers a bit better - last time I made £140 mainly from selling bath sets etc that I got for xmas and had never been opened. I also had make up sets that didnt suit me and heaps of old clothes. I will do that again before baby is born for some pocket money.

Nothing else to report here, not been an amazing month but we will have made it to the end at lwast :)

I don't make a lot. The main aim is to clear out the old stuff. If I make a few pennies it's a bonus lol. I price postage properly and don't post anything that's too bulky, get people to collect instead. I have never made much but it's easy, and cheap as if you're pricing below £1 it's free to list. Doesn't take much effort and mostly works. :thumbup:

Have you tried putting the nappies up on here? There's a section in the for sale specifically for them. I've had some success putting some nappy covers on ebay - got £2.20 for 4 of them which wasn't bad.

How are we all doing?

Done some major de-cluttering of the bedroom today - found a couple of things to go on ebay lol. :haha: I think I have a problem! lol I do however have 3 massive boxes of rubbish that I need to get rid of. I don't mean to sound un-pc but my tip now does all that sorting out recycling thing and it's going to take me hours to sort through it! Wish I could just dump it lol :blush:

Oh and another £3 put into my savings - just through my re-jigging my budget. Yay!

Given myself a challenge of 'Food for £50' a week this month. I'll certainly Try my best to get as close as I can to it! :)

We are starting to be really strict from the pay im going to get on the 25th. I will save the council tax money, my oh will get a good pay as he was on call over xmas and new year so thats about £200 more and he only had to take a few quick calls! So since its not normal we will pretend he never got it and save it!
I need to find a way to keep my savings locked away from us. At the moment iv 3 little boxes and I keep all cash were saving in there (one of them is Lucas' which we would never touch unless it was for him)
One is emergancy change for buses, parking etc and one is meant to be saved and not touched! We need this to be locked I think ahah

I had some left over U.S dollars from when we were in the states in October and my friend bought them off me today :)

I got £105 so put £30 in savings. Xx

I had some left over U.S dollars from when we were in the states in October and my friend bought them off me today :)

I got £105 so put £30 in savings. Xx

Oooh nice! :-D

Love it when that kind of thing happens! :) My FIL always sends us Euros (he lives in Eire) and to be fair, they've come in handy on occasion lol

I felt like I got free money cos foreign money seems like Monopoly money to me! :haha:

How's everyone doing?

A month in and ive managed to save £450 out of my 1200 target :)! Hoping to save another 300 this month but we'll see how that goes.
We've pretty much cut out going out for meals unless its a special occasion and takeaways are more like a fortnightly thing now.

i'm over £40 put away. only sold 1 thing this week but got £4 for it so chuffed lol. put £3 away too so now over 40 which i am very pleased with. have a load more bits to try to sell next month plus no big extravagances this next 2 months so can consolidate a bit.

This month has been pretty good, a couple of things cropped up but we have paid off £500 worth of debts and saved £100 for the car.

Next month will be harder as it is hubbys birthday and we have nursery to pay for but we should pay off £450 and put another £100 aside for the car.

Xx

I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment...
I was in halifax today opening babies savings account and the man said if I switch my current account to halifax they will give me £200 (usually £100 but as we have our mortgage with them it's £200) and they give you £5 a month. Bit of a no brainer but they only offer a £1000 overdraft and mine Is nearer £2000 so I'd have to try and pay that off which could leave things tight... Argh I don't know what to do....
I don't even know how to pay my overdraft off... Do I wait till all the direct debits have gone out for that month and then pay it??

I was in halifax today opening babies savings account and the man said if I switch my current account to halifax they will give me £200 (usually £100 but as we have our mortgage with them it's £200) and they give you £5 a month. Bit of a no brainer but they only offer a £1000 overdraft and mine Is nearer £2000 so I'd have to try and pay that off which could leave things tight... Argh I don't know what to do....
I don't even know how to pay my overdraft off... Do I wait till all the direct debits have gone out for that month and then pay it??

You could transfer all your direct debits etc across to halifax, leave your overdraft where it is and transfer x amount over every month until your overdraft is paid off.

xx

You could transfer all your direct debits etc across to halifax, leave your overdraft where it is and transfer x amount over every month until your overdraft is paid off.

xx

This! There's nothing to say you need to do it in one go. Leave the account open, pay it off bit by bit then have that account as a spare (or in our case) spending account or close it once it's paid off. That way you could also start afresh with no overdraft on your new account. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->