Debt Payers and Savers Support group

Aimee Lou I hope you find an evening job so you can still be at home with the boys, that would be ideal. That extra money will really help you with your saving!! :)

Thanks - I've spent this morning checking all my old accounts on the job sites and there's quite a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have considered before that I'm actually thinking would be quite appealing, so I'm hopeful. Just wish I had a skill......it's supposed to be something I'm going to tackle once hubby is qualified but that doesn't help me now. It's been the case for a long time now that I'm qualified for NOTHING! lol :dohh:

Bless ya Aimee I hope you manage to find something that suits you all!

I go back in April but only on a Saturday and that is bad enough!!

Hubby has had to have this week off sick meaning next months pay will be way down!

It really is just one thing after another xx

Aimee Lou, would you work at a supermarket? Perfect for a few hours in an evening. Xx

Aimee Lou, would you work at a supermarket? Perfect for a few hours in an evening. Xx

If they'll have me!? lol

I've applied on numerous occasions to supermarkets and been told I'm 'likely to get bored' on one occasion and all the others I've just been ignored.

Problem is, the supermarkets in this town are one of the main employers, so they don't get many jobs. I'll certainly be sending out CVs and doing their applications though.

At the moment it's looking more likely to be 'care' type jobs, or something in market research (the one field I have skills lol) but it's still early days. I was job-hunting for 6 months last year, sent out over 150 applications, letters and CVs and only got 4 replies, all No. I'm not holding out much hope. Going to sign on if nothing in 10 working days.

Hope you can find something suitable Aimee-Lou!

Sold Elijah's old cot mobile today on a Facebook group :happydance:

£8 added to holiday fund = £98.00 :)

Pack of socks sold yesterday on FB - £3 added to savings.

ebay sales to finish over the weekend. I have bids of 2/5 so we will see how we get on.

EDIT to add: another £3 from the sale of the boys old light and music box which Charlie now no longer needs to fall asleep to. Sad to see that go but it's going to a girl who is expecting her 1st so hopefully it'll be enjoyed by her LO as much as it has been my 3. :) She is collecting tomorrow so will add then.

Friday digs day so another £50 added. 60 out though to pay for hen night. Total is £1000.

Girl still hasn't been to collect the light box. I am not normally a one for complaining when people are going out of their way but 3 times she's said she'll come round to get it 'this morning' (Saturday, Sunday and now today) and still no sign! Never mind.

Sold a couple of my ebay things - got £4 for my handbag which I'm happy with (plus postage but that's not profit lol). This month I'm up to £8.08! :) (not including girly girl! lol).

Made the mistake of moving our bedroom round last night to give hubby an office/working space up there as he can't work downstairs because of the kids nowadays (was ok up til a few months ago but since Edward got really mobile he wont leave hubby alone! lol Consequently though the house is literally upside down. It's taken me about an hour this morning to re-arrange the living room and tidy up now the desk has gone. It's freed up a lot of space though which is awesome! :thumbup:

Off into town this afternoon. Got to get some wrapping stuff for my ebay things and also take my evidence in to the council (joy! lol) Job hunt is going 'ok' I suppose. I've done 7 applications (8 if you count the one on my window ledge waiting to be put in the post) and had 1 no and 1 telephone call offering me an interview but the hours wouldn't work as they wanted me to do 2-8 2 days a week. Hubby is out til at least 4 everyday and I would need the car (MR interviews door to door). I have an open invite to call them back in April when hubby finishes for easter though which is good to know.

I know :) im gonna change my target to 1600 lol xx

So far iv managed to save the £80 child benefit but we only have £80 left until payday on the 25th (only 2 weeks) I will need to put in about £30 petrol, baby milk £16 which will leave us £34 for food!

We actually should be able to do that as theres alot of meat in thr freezer, heaps of jars in the cupboard and lots of juice, only need pack lunch stuff and snacks but whether we actually manage is another story!!

So far iv managed to save the £80 child benefit but we only have £80 left until payday on the 25th (only 2 weeks) I will need to put in about £30 petrol, baby milk £16 which will leave us £34 for food!

We actually should be able to do that as theres alot of meat in thr freezer, heaps of jars in the cupboard and lots of juice, only need pack lunch stuff and snacks but whether we actually manage is another story!!

I feel your pain! Have made all our debt repayments and managed to pay all our bills !! But the bank balance is now around 57 quid !! Eeep. Pay day is the 28th and oh gets paid by cheque :/ yeahhh bloody cheque lol. Good luck :)

I feel your pain! Have made all our debt repayments and managed to pay all our bills !! But the bank balance is now around 57 quid !! Eeep. Pay day is the 28th and oh gets paid by cheque :/ yeahhh bloody cheque lol. Good luck :)

My advice would be to get everything out of the cupboards and make a list of what you have and then put it into 'meals' that you make out of it. You can also get bags of pasta for 25p in most supermarkets that is just as good as the normal stuff and this can make a handy meal or 2 on a stretched budget. Tins of toms and things also are pennies and help things to go further.

My slow cooker is my friend. While I'm not doing well at the moment (hubby is going through a fussy stage and it's doing my head in! lol) with economising the shops I'm trying to stick to around £60 a week for food, then nappies, milk etc on top, for the 5 of us because Charlie is now on 2 meals a day. During the summer I was working to £50 a fortnight when things were really tight. It can be done. Batch cooking, meal planning, shopping in the economy brands and cooking virtually everything from scratch. We found we were actually healthier.

Way things are going we'll be back on that soon. I'm still job hunting and just keep on getting no's. How soul destroying is it to be told no, we don't want you for a job that was advertised as 'no experience necessary' and 'perfect for people working around children'. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->