Dec 15 - 17th / First baby!

shmang

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm due Dec 15th by every pregnancy calculator except my midwife's who says Dec 17th.

I get to go for a dating ultrasound May 8th so maybe they'll be able to tell me. :happydance:

This is my first and I'm hoping to find some others pregnant with their first at the same time.

I'm 25 years old and in Ontario for what it's worth :)

Hi shmang! I think we are in some other threads together. I'm your age and originally due 12/14, midwife changed it to 12/12 but I want to hang on to the original date. This is my first pregnancy and I live in Florida.

Hi Lilly!

I'm hanging onto the original Dec 15th too :) how did your first appt go? I'm glad to have found someone north american, seems like a lot if UKers on here and things seem very different there (especially about workers rights and stuff!).

So are you hoping for a boy or girl? And how long did you and your partner try to conceive before you got oreggers?

My first appt's were very stressful. I was having some very sharp pains on one side and they took me in for an US at 4+6. It turned out to be a pretty large cyst and they were able to find a sac, albeit empty (but apparently prior to 5 weeks that's okay). They did HCG levels 1 week apart and they went from 2500 to 16000 over the course of 6 days. I was supposed to have another US today at 7 weeks but the tech called in sick or something so now I have to wait until Monday. I'm extremely disappointed and such a worrywart so now I'm having to spend the entire weekend convincing myself that this isn't going to be a MMC or molar pregnancy or something. I also think I'm going to look for a new doctor since I feel that the care I'm getting at this one is significantly lacking. I would like to have a home birth but I think that a birth center is probably the best option. I've never been a huge fan of doctors in general and the more I can avoid hospitals, and the procedures it sometimes feel they force on you, the better.

Part of me wants a boy since I would rather not deal with a drama queen like myself in teenage years, but another part of me knows the fabrics and everything out there for a girl are so much cuter.

That sucks that you have to wait for the ultrasound, the wait must be unbearable. I'm glad there was a sac, and based on so many stories I've read on here, before 5 weeks so many people have been left worrying and then at their next U/S all is well :)

I know that I want a boy, but since my neice's birth a few weeks ago I know I'd be happy with a girl too. It'd be nice for them to grow up so close together. Plus, I'd have to buy so little.
I feel like it's a girl, but my DH is convinced that it's a boy. Only time will tell !

I'm so sick of feeling sick. I'm lucky I'm not puking (yet), but I just feel consistently off. I don't want to eat or drink anything until the late afternoon, and even then it's limited to starchy carbs. Blah.

Oh yes, same here. I can suffer through a tiny glass of milk in the mornings and possibly a muffin and then am miserable for the next few hours that only water can really fix. Once a craving hits for something though it hits hard. I'll be sitting at my desk and be like, "I need burger king NOW!" and that never happens.

Oh man, water is the worst for me. I can't drink water until the evening. I don't get it, I *LOVE* water. I can't even handle sucking on ice cubes. :(

The spontaneous cravings are ridiculous. I thought that was only later in pregnancy! Yesterday for dinner I had a poutine (french fries with cheese curds and gravy) and mozarella sticks. ZERO nutritional value. And it's literally all that I wanted (needed), and the thought of anything else was nauseating. Why can't I have food avoidance to french fries and processed carbs?!? :lol:

I'm on vacation right now, and I don't know how I'm going to go back to work. I'm going to have to tell my boss sooner than I'd like to. He's already noticed I'm grumpier/less motivated/tired and it's only a matter of time before it becomes an issue. I have ADHD so I would normally take ritalin every day (which keeps me on my A-game), but once we found out we were preggers I stopped. So now I have ADD and pregnancy brain at the same time ! Ahh. Awful!

How's being pregnant affecting you at work? Are you managing well?

I didn't want to tell my boss until I was showing. Now I'm thinking mid-June (2nd trimester) and maybe even sooner :(

Oh no that's awful! I hope your boss is understanding. Mine is awesome. We are a small department of only 4 people and our hours are individual to the rest of the organization so she is completely understanding and lets me be totally flexible with whatever I need. On the other hand what I do is mind numbingly boring. I enter backlogs of information and old documents into the computer all day. This is great because I can be on whatever websites I want but at the same time I am so tired that I have no motivation to work fast at all. I figure since this information has been sitting in boxes for the last 10+ years a few more months really isn't going to hurt anything.

As much as I normally love the day to day chaos of retail (I'm a Sales Manager), it's so exhausting that I would kill for a desk job for the next 9 months.

I went through the bump threads and OMG I can't wait! I'd been saying "I hope I don't show for a while" to avoid the questions from coworkers and such, but I'm just yearning for that! I want to feel pregnant. I want to look pregnant ! I can't wait to be uncomfortably all belly in the 3rd trimester. :cheer:

One day at a time, though!

:hi: Hi ladies! Can I jump in? I'm due on the 16th, but based on how my first one went, he or she will probably be here by the 2nd, lol.

And the best cure for my exhaustion has been sneaking off to the parking garage for a car nap at lunch - if you can catch even 15 minutes of rest you'll be able to make it through the rest of the day without wanting to stab everyone you work with, lol. :thumbup:

:hi: Hi ladies! Can I jump in? I'm due on the 16th, but based on how my first one went, he or she will probably be here by the 2nd, lol.

And the best cure for my exhaustion has been sneaking off to the parking garage for a car nap at lunch - if you can catch even 15 minutes of rest you'll be able to make it through the rest of the day without wanting to stab everyone you work with, lol. :thumbup:

Absolutely! :)

I work retail, there will be no napping in my future :( I've been sleeping a TON at night now so I haven't needed the naps. It's going to get tough when I'm off my vacation and back to my stupid shift work. I work until 10:30pm on friday nights, then work at 8am on saturday mornings.

What do you do for a living, Joralyn?

And have either of you guys been fighting off any pregnancy suspicions? As soon as I started breaking out one of my coworkers said "maybe you're pregnant" (before I even knew I was!). Now it's a running joke, when I whined about being so exhausted from anemia another girl jumped in "yeah, you're pregnant". They have no idea that I actually am, they just think it's funny. AWKWARD! :lol:

Since this is my 2nd, I've already told everyone - they knew we were trying anyway, lol. I work as a legal/fraud analyst, so most of my job involves staring at a computer trying not to fall asleep.

I really need to work on getting more exercise on the weekends, but right now, I have food poisoning (gastroenteritis). Thank goodness I've had it before and knew what the stabbing stomach pains were & didn't freak out! :wacko: Resting in bed until we have to leave for my sister's grad party, then straight back to bed for me!

Glad to hear you get your rest at night, Shmang! Mine's hit or miss, I usually can't fall/stay asleep.

I'm nauseous enough as is, can't imagine having a bug right now :( Hope you feel better ASAP and catch up on rest. That's the worst that it had to happen on the weekend too.
As much as the days must go by slowly, I'm jealous of both of your jobs right now. Lol. I always loved how fast paced my day is, but my god- the next 8 months are going to be awful.

Do you have a date for your first scan/have you had one yet? The anticipation is killing me - just over a week to go until I get to see the bean :D

I had an internal scan at 5w1d that only showed a egg sac :sad: then another a week later where we saw more AND a flickering heartbeat! :happydance: I don't go back til May 21st, hopefully we will get to hear it this time. My profile pic is the 6 week scan, so you should really see something on your 8 week one! Yay!

OMG I can't wait to see heartbeat! That must have been so nerve racking after the first scan though. I guess I'm kind of relieved I had to wait until 8 weeks.

1 more week. I can do it!

How are your symptoms going, guys?

I'm still *SO* nauseous and my gigantor boobs hurt like hell, but the sleeping has helped with fatigue. How do women go 9 months not knowing they're preggers? I thought I was dying yesterday! lol!

Hello, can I join? I am due December 16th based on LMP and O day. I will get an official due date this Friday at my first scan!

Also, I am 25 and this is my first :)

Hey Ladies! Sorry have been MIA this weekend. We moved recently and all of our things were still boxed up. Got to my sonogram this morning and there is only 1 baby (hooray! DH had me so scared it was going to be 2 or 3!!) Got to see the heartbeat and they bumped me up to 7 weeks 6 days but said it can always change because of measurement sizes. But I don't want to leave this little group so I think I'm gonna stick around. My poor boobs are finally slowly not hurting and I still feel yucky most of the time but no puking yet.

Welcome to all the other ladies! The weirdest thing about the ultrasound is when she went to measure the heartbeat I had to hold my breath so my stomach wasn't all bouncing around. Baby's heartrate was 154 so now DH is convinced it's going to be a girl LOL!

Hello, can I join? I am due December 16th based on LMP and O day. I will get an official due date this Friday at my first scan!

Also, I am 25 and this is my first :)

Awesome! I remember you from the other thread :) So exciting ! I honestly can't wait for the scan next Tuesday, a week seems so far away.

On that note, I can't believe we're already at 7 weeks! Even though it has gone by really slowly, at the same point it feels like yesterday I was telling DH that "we're 5 weeks!". Wild.

Hey Ladies! Sorry have been MIA this weekend. We moved recently and all of our things were still boxed up. Got to my sonogram this morning and there is only 1 baby (hooray! DH had me so scared it was going to be 2 or 3!!) Got to see the heartbeat and they bumped me up to 7 weeks 6 days but said it can always change because of measurement sizes. But I don't want to leave this little group so I think I'm gonna stick around. My poor boobs are finally slowly not hurting and I still feel yucky most of the time but no puking yet.

Welcome to all the other ladies! The weirdest thing about the ultrasound is when she went to measure the heartbeat I had to hold my breath so my stomach wasn't all bouncing around. Baby's heartrate was 154 so now DH is convinced it's going to be a girl LOL!

Ah! Congratulations ! ! ! :happydance: Post up the ultrasound if you get a chance. I'm convinced I'm having a girl, but wifey thinks we're having a boy. He's always right, which I'm fine with because I want a boy, lol!

As for morning sickness, I haven't thrown up yet either (fingers crossed!) but today was the first day I've been able to eat anything other than french fries. :S Hopefully there are more days like this, because not only are french fries on the bottom of the nutrient list, I'm not coming anywhere close to my caloric needs (one can only eat so many french fries).
So sick of feeling sick ! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->