Dec 15 - 17th / First baby!

Is it June yet? I just want to fast forward to second trimester and cute bumps. Lol !

How is everyone doing? How has your pregnancy been this far, Laura?

I know. I want June to hurry up too! We are almost there!

So I decided to book a private gender scan at 16 weeks. Me and DH just can't wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender hahaha.

Wow can they do gender that early? I really want to know by the 4th of July when we will be seeing a lot of our family just so we can all argue about names, but I figured since I will only be 17 weeks right before then I won't be able to know. Now I'm excited that it could be a possibility!

The 4D places say they can determine as early as 14 weeks. But I wouldn't trust that, which is why I am waiting until 16 weeks. I think by 17 weeks you could tell. If all else, it is just another chance to see the baby lol.

Oh now I'm definitely booking a private 4d scan for 16th week! Is anyone keeping it a surprise??

Can't believe I'm 10 weeks tomorrow (in 4 minutes?)! I feel like yesterday I was 5 weeks! It's still not real... Lol.

My brother and sister inlaw lent me their Doppler. I found the heart beat!!!! 168 beats per minute. Amazing! I recorded it on my iPhone for the wife to hear when he gets home from his fishing trip, just in case I have trouble finding it with him. I can't believe I found it at only 10 weeks!

Yay happy 10 weeks everyone!

shmang - that is awesome that you found the heart beat! I can't wait until I can hear mine. Maybe they will use the doppler on my 12 week appointment.

We have a doppler and LOVE IT!! We only use it about once a week now but it's fun to track the baby down.

How are all you ladies doing?

11 weeks!!!!! :)

If anyone is still battling morning sickness I found something that works wonders for me. Gravol ginger! Works in minutes and completely cures my nausea. Wish I'd found it two months ago! Lol.

Baby still doesn't seem real to me. I mean, I feel pregnant and all, but a BABY?! Lol. I think seeing the next ultrasound might help, but it probably won't fully sink in until I find out the gender.

Very true. I got DH into a few stores over the weekend to try out strollers. And I want to say he had so much more fun than me. I'm a firm believer in tons of research, but if you can't try them out there's no point wasting hours reading reviews online. I wanted to LOVE the uppababy vista, but honestly I hated it. DH of course liked the made in Italy Peg Perego, but you have to purchase the Peg Perego carseat so stroller ($269) plus carseat ($269) and I could have purchased the uppababy.

I don't know if you guys watch flash sale sites like Zulily or Totsy, but I do and this morning Zulily opened up a pretty good deal on the Inglesina Zippy stroller. It's got some good reviews and the BabyBargains book gave it an "A" rating, plus BabyGizmo seems pretty enamored with it. I don't know if I should purchase this early because it's a good price and just learn to love it, or keep torturing myself at BabiesRUs because I left extremely frustrated this weekend.

I have no clue what stroller I'm going to go with. I'm definitely going to get a B.O.B. Revolution for jogging in the spring and summer, but with the amount of snow were going to have in January - we probably won't use the stroller much. The BOB is pretty big for an out and about shopping stroller. Ho hum. 7 more months to figure it out :p
What are you and DH looking for in a stroller? Any specifics? I fell in love with the Stokke Xplory but it's not very realistic for what we need...

We got lucky with the car seat. My brother bought us the same one he has (graco snugride35) and got my mom the carseat adapter so that she can keep it in her car to transport either baby. So cute! I still think its too early for gifts, especially ones like that, but it was amazingly thoughtful and saves me from stressing about which to buy!

So what have you guys bought/been given so far? We have yet to buy anything but already have:

Carseat/carrier
Special (keep forever style) baby blanket
2 more baby blankets
A bath faucet cover (much too soon, but so cute!)
Hooded towel
1 newborn onesie (Christmas themed, lol!)
2 gender neutral outfits 0-3 months
Hooded towel (hippo!)

Can you tell my family is excited?

Oh yes, I love the Stokke.

We want something lightweight that I can fold easily and that can adapt to a carseat. I personally like the "pram" feature because it looks classic, but I'm having a real issue shelling out money for something like the Bugaboo. I also only want to buy one stroller. So I think "lightweight plus" is the category we are looking in. One step above an umbrella. DH likes the idea of the BOB strollers because one of the parks we go to has a heavily mulched path but I'm now even trying to decide if I'm going to need a stroller within the first few months. It's going to be winter, the baby is going to be so little that I could just get a Moby wrap and carry it everywhere, and once spring hits it will be old enough to hold up its head and I can get a stroller that's not meant to go from infant-3 years, because that's the biggest annoyance right now, finding something for the entire time.

That's so sweet to have family buy you all kinds of things. I live no where near family and I don't think I will count on them getting me much of anything.

Hey everyone!

I have NO clue what stroller/travel system to buy. I guess I just need to go into the store's and try them out. I don't even know what I am looking for. I didn't know strollers were so complex lol.

I haven't bought anything yet either. But my mom went shopping last Friday and got me a blanket, a pack of receiving towels, toys that hang on a stroller, and a sleeper thingy that is portable and it snugs around the baby so you can put the baby in it and move around all over the house with it when you are cleaning, etc. It swings too. My mom is also going to buy the crib.

Lilly, seems like we have the same taste and interests/needs. Lol. I just don't know if I'll regret not having a winter stroller. Maybe I'll buy the BOB with the graco adapter in advance just incase. I'll need it in the spring anyways.
I wish I was 2nd trimester so I could buy stuff!!!! I told myself I'd wait. I've just been avoiding all baby stores and sections this whole pregnancy.

Lulu, my mom insists on buying the crib too, she's also insisting on getting our rocking chair and I fought her off buying the furniture. Adorable, but I feel like I don't want everyone overspending! I feel guilty, almost. Maybe I'll just have to beat everyone to the punch and buy all of the expensive stuff fast. Having 4 overly generous siblings, somehow I doubt that will work.

Anyone have anyone that's going to be giving them a lot of hand me downs? It's one of the reasons I'm hoping for a girl, hahaha.

Yeah, my mom said she almost bought me a rocker last week too. I told her good thing she didn't because me and DH decided we are going to put a loveseat in the nursery instead of a rocker. Or we might have both depending on how big the room will be. We are in the process of looking for a bigger place because our house is only 2 bedrooms! So it is hard picturing how the nursery would be setup when we don't even know what the bedroom is like! lol.

My sister has 4 kids but she gave all of her baby clothes away to friends, etc a long time ago. My best friend has a boy and girl and said she will be giving me lots of clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->