Dec 15 - 17th / First baby!

I hear ya. I've spent all morning sucking on saltines. I've decided that I want to DIY for all the nursery (corner of my bedroom) stuff. There are some great tutorials online for fitted sheets, dust ruffles, changing pad covers, and bumpers. Yes, I know what everyone says about bumpers but I guess I can't get over the fact that they are amazing and everyone I know used them as a baby and are still alive to tell about it. Anyone else have any thoughts on crib bumpers whether you will use them or not or if I'm the only crazy lady thinking about stuff this early!

Why would they make bumpers if they aren't safe? With anything, freak accidents happen. I am not sure if I will be using them or not. I am going to do some research first.

I won't be planning out my nursery until me and DH move into a bigger house. We only have a 2 bedroom now and will be moving into a 3 or 4 bedroom house probably around October. Then I can start planning out the nursery :)

I'm not sure why they would make them if not safe. It's one of those things that according to the health ppl and SIDS nothing is safe for babies except a sheet apparently.

I'm not sure why they would make them if not safe. It's one of those things that according to the health ppl and SIDS nothing is safe for babies except a sheet apparently.

And not even that, is safe. lol

Honestly, I think having bumpers or not is a personal choice. Just do some research and go with what you feel comfortable with.

I saw something for "breathable bumpers" - I guess its more netted material than actual foam or padding? Still gives the same look without the risk of suffocation. And yes, I used them, my son used them, we're fine.

As far as the b00b pain - omg, ow. Target has some Champion compression sports bras and they have been the best "support" I've found (one of those weird pressure counteracts pressure things). :shrug: I haven't gone without underwire since middle school, not even during my first pregnancy, but it's just too painful, esp since now I have to sleep in them!

And having a cold when you're pregnant sucks. All I can take is Tylenol, and saline nasal spray, and the neti-pot thing - which is a very gross sensation. Husband has been very supportive, even came home for lunch to check on me. :)

Sorry you're sick, Jo. That's brutal. I feel sick enough as is, can't imagine a cold on top of it :(

My boobs are finally starting to let off on the super-pain thing. I've lost a lot of weight in the last year so no stretch marks despite literally doubling in boob-size. Just filled out my saggy skin again, lol :happydance:

While my boobs hurt less, nausea is getting worse. I woke up today at 11 and was up for about 30 mins before I thought I was going to die from the stomach queasiness. I tried to eat some raisin bran but gave up and went to bed until 4pm. I've been sick ALL day, and eating isn't helping. I even tried my go-to french fries and no luck, still so nauseous. Gravol has made me barf previously, but I may have no other choice. I go back to work soon, and this wouldn't be tolerable at work. It's barely tolerable as is! :dohh:

As for nurseries, I CAN'T WAIT! ! ! I'm going to do a serious shopping trip in the US because your prices are so much better. I also just found out that baby stuff is duty free. Gotta start saving now.

I don't know if I'm going to be patient enough to wait for a baby shower, lol.

Have you guys bought anything yet? I'm holding off until we get our ultrasound on May 8th but my mom already bought us an adorable baby blanket. After the 8th, fingers crossed all is well, the spending-floodgates will likely open.. hahaha.

DH said I'm not allowed to buy anything until done with 1st tri. He's worried that buying something might jinx everything and then feel so upset that we had baby items in the house. I have to be content with looking for the perfect fabric and figuring out measurements so I can sew the sheets, dust ruffle, quilt, and bumper! YAY!

I haven't bought anything yet but I have been dying to!

Me and DH went to Target a couple of weeks ago and looked at all of the baby stuff. I think after our u/s this Friday, we will stop by the store and maybe get a blanket or something like that :)

Ok, I was SUPER bloated yesterday. I seriously felt like I gained 20 pounds. I could barely button my pants. lol I can't wait until the bloat goes away! Also, I pressed down by my uterus (I think) last night, and it was hard. I went pee first to make sure it wasn't just a full bladder LOL.

I'm not too bloated, but my stomach muscles feel funny. Maybe it's because of the nausea and I'm clenching them all day?

Also: DH picked me up "Preggie Pops" because I was feeling SO sick yesterday. They worked great on my super-nausea and I felt better, but today's not-as-intense-but-still-lingering nausea stuck around. I actually felt like the lemon aftertaste kept me feeling queasy.
Back to work tomorrow :( :( :(

You are lucky that you aren't bloated anymore. I hope mine goes away tomorrow! I have been SUPER bloated all week. I can barely even button my pants :(

I am glad your nausea is better!

Ugh, I'm sorry Lilly. Guys can be such assholes! It's not like you got pregnant on your own, or you WANT to be sick. My DH has been trying, but he doesn't get it. Then again, I'm whining A LOT because I feel so consistently terrible, so I can't blame him for not listening to me anymore :lol:

Does anyone have a go-to food that makes then feel better/less nauseous. I feel like its out there and I just haven't found it yet. Nothing is appetizing and I need to eat more :(

YAY 8 weeks!

If you guys haven't seen it already, check out this link. It's one of my favorite pregnancy update sites :) pics are AMAZING!

Congrats on 8 weeks! I will be there with you tomorrow!

How are you feeling?

Feeling SO much better today. Knock wood! Ms really eased off today, and even after work I had enough energy to clean up the kitchen (I left it in hurricane condition after baking a christening cake for a friend).

Back to counting down the days until the ultrasound. The anticipation is killing me!

How are you doing Lulu? Any appointments coming up?

Edit: just saw your US pic! Congrats on beanie-confirmation!!!! So exciting. :)

I feel great! All of my symptoms are pretty much gone except fatigue.

My next appointment is in two weeks, when I am 10 weeks. I just have to get blood work done. Then I will have an appointment June 7th at 12 weeks to get an NT scan and then I will have my regular monthly appointment the day after that on June 8th.

When is your first u/s again?

My doctor told me last week at the 8 week ultrasound that my next appointment would be at 20 weeks. This sounded really strange to me as they didn't even offer the 12 week NT scan and I was under the impression that you usually get seen once every four weeks until near the end. I think DH and I are going to look into the midwife/homebirth route as we have been extremely displeased with the service at this doctor.

Lilly - that doesn't seem right. My doctor is having my come in every 4 weeks. That is how it should be. Then later on in pregnancy you get seen every 2 weeks. I would definitely look for a new doctor.

^ same as my midwife, but apparently waiting until 20 weeks is standard with OBs. That's one of the reasons we chose midwifery.
I've also chosen to do the NT testing and will be getting the 12week ultrasound.

We got our 8 week u/s today! One baby, perfect size, perfect place, bang on for dating and 163bpm! Go healthy fetus! Posting from my phone so I'll upload a pic of the scan ASAP :D I'm over the moon, and it was so surreal to see. On the way home I looked at DH and said "i can't believe it's real, and it's growing INSIDE of me!". Such a weird epiphany moment! It just clicked and all made sense! Wild.

How is everyone else doing? Hope the MS is quieting down for all, lol. Any bumps to be seen yet?

Aww can't wait to see the picture! I am a little sad that my doctor didn't measure the BPM. He just said it looks about 140 bpm. Oh well.

I am doing ok. I have had a headache and stomach ache since yesterday. So I wish I was at home sleeping instead of at work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->