December 1st Box V's Christmas Eve Box?

BabyHill

Mum & Wife <3
Reaction score
For the last two years we've had a Christmas Eve box delivered by our elf to say goodbye but see a lot of people do a dec 1st? Last year the elf gave various crafts and activities to do during the month so we'll most likely carry that on, but what do you do and why?

Just being nosey! x

I dont always do an xmas eve box but might do a 1st dec box this year, with new onsie, advents (lego and choc one) letter to santa pack, and some xmas books

We have a Christmas fairy, like the elf but I liked a fairy doll I found much better than any elf I could find. She brings the girls things to do over the course of the month. One day they might get a Christmas book, another a movie to watch, new Christmas pajamas on Christmas eve or a small craft or project to do. I prefer to spread it out over the month leading up to Christmas.

I do both.

1st December pack this year includes advent calendars each, 2 pairs of Xmas themed slipper socks, a selection box, an activity sticker book and a DVD. I do these on 1st December for them to enjoy for the few weeks before Christmas because if I give them these stuff on Christmas Eve packs by the next day they will have all their presents and the little Christmas themed stuff will be forgotten about.

Also because I am Christmas crazy and find any excuse to wrap stuff and get the kids to open it :xmas12: :haha:

I am doing a 1st December goodie box with A few DVDs, Books, advent calendars, arts and crafts.

On Xmas eve they will get a Christmas Eve box with new PJ's, cookie making kit, goodies to eat plus a DVD for us all to watch

If I gave them all at once on Dec 1st there would be anarchy :haha:

I agree about them having the month to enjoy rather than a day, our Christmas Eve box only has the morning activity (cookie making), pjs, the grinch dvd (their fave they'd have watched 541 times by that point) bath smellies and a sticker book each to take to the in laws for dinner. I have about 15 activities planned for December which the elf will deliver (some big like ticket to see santa, some small like treasure hunt sheets I'll need to print). I bloody love Christmas!

I give stuff over the month and then on Christmas Eve they get new PJ's and a book. They don't get something every day in December but every few days they get something like Christmas craft bits, grotto tickets, popcorn and sweets for a Christmas movie afternoon.

our elf brings a dec 1st bag it normally has a craft, a sticker book, some sweets and something fun like reminder antlers. Then throughout the month the elf brings an advent book each day and sometimes a craft for DS to do. We don't do christmas eve boxes because it's normally a hectic day and this year we are going to the pants x

I don't do a box or pack etc, but our elf brings Christmassy treats with him (advent calendars, craft kit, Christmas book/dvd, dress-ups).

I like the idea of a December 1st box :) I may do one this year with craft supplies, ingredients for salt dough ornaments, glitter and glue etc... and some goodies and activity books. Then Christmas Eve I may do something a little different :)

We've never really bothered before.. But this year I plan on doing Xmas Eve boxes for all of the boys and my sister. (My 2, SS, Nephew, Sister). BUT.. I was wondering whether to do them for christmas evening instead. I've found some amazing personalised boxes for £20 each. I want to put in them PJ's, some choccies, hot chocolate, a DVD, socks etc. x

We do both,on the 1st holly elf shows up with pj's, christmas bedoing, advent calendars and a chocolate treat then throughout December brings different christmas activities. Christmas eve she brings more pj's, popcorn, a christmas movie and hot chocolate. Not sure if we'll be doing the christmas eve box this year as we'll be in lapland and not sure we'll have room in the case lol xx

I do both, but don't really go OTT on either.

When our elf arrives, she brings an exciting breakfast (usually doughnuts!), advent calendars, a pair of Christmas PJs each, a letter to Santa kit and a December reward chart.

On Christmas Eve, when she leaves, she leaves behind a bag of goodies to occupy the boys on Christmas Eve. This year they will have a second pair of Christmas PJs, popcorn & Christmas biscuits to eat while watching a film, some Christmas choccies and hot chocolate cone for after bath time, a special Christmas bath treat (usually something like a bath bot from Lush) and a Christmas sticker book to play with through the day. They both get a Christmas themed toy as well. DS2 has a Christmas Happyland set this year and yet to get DS1 anything but thinking a Christmas Playmobil set.

We started the Christmas Eve box last year and are also doing the 1st December bag this year too....

1st December Bag
Advent Calenders
Christmas themed toy
Christmas dvd and cd
Arts and craft set
Christmas jumper
Sweets/chocolate
Tree decoration

Christmas Eve bag
Reindeer food
Santa key
Chocolate coins
Hot chocolate
Popcorn
Family pjs
Dvd
Book

We do a Christmas Eve Box which the elves leave in our porch &#128512;
It will include:
New winter pjs
A book
A spiderman mug set with hot chocolate and marshmallows
Lush bath bomb star
Christmas socks
Some Christmas chocs

I'm a bit undecided on this one this year. We normally do Christmas eve bag however this year because of the way that Christmas falls DH will be working Christmas eve and then quick dinner and into the car for Devon so I would only be able to give to LO in the day time and DH would miss. On the other hand 1st of December is a monday and DH is in Barcelona so may do it on the 30th of November so DH can see it all but think he may think I am crazy doing it so early. :wacko:

For the past couple of years I've done the Xmas eve box that's left from Santa's elves as a little treat which consists of
New pyjamas
Chocolate treat
Xmas activity book

This year I'm going to do the December 1st box as I see a lot of people do I've got a couple of bits already
Santa shaped mug with marshmallows in it
Xmas bauble with chocolate coins in
Selection box

Will get a few more bits to go in it

In Ireland the main Friday night talk show has a special episode on the last Friday of November that is completely dedicated to toys. It's a major, major institution in the country and has been happening since before I was born. Unless there has been a major sporting event that year it tends to be the most watched show of the whole year in the country so that lets you know that it's a BIG DEAL!!!! So for a lot of people it has become the night that Christmas starts.

So that's when we'll break out the Christmas PJs and decorate (though as the show is on until nearly midnight we'll probably watch it the next day instead in the evening). The next Monday a Tomte (Swedish Gnome) will show up at our house with a book I explaining that he came in my brother's suitcase and will live at the top of our Christmas tree and get up to mischief each night while arranging advent-ures for DS to do each day of December. I'll also have a new Christmas book for DS each night. On Christmas eve he'll get his book early as it will be a compilation with several stories that we'll read throughout the day. Our Advent-ure will be making cookies for Santa. And on Christmas eve evening he'll get his present from me and DH which will be a Christmas eve box with a book I made about Santa coming to our city and house, a Christmas bathbomb, a christmas movie on a christmassy UBS stick and Santa's plate. He won't have PJs in it as he'll be wearing Christmassy ones all month so there is no need to get a new pair that he'll only wear for a couple of days on Christmas eve.

But I plan on giving him a present overnight on twelftnight of a couple new pair of superhero PJs to soften the blow of the Christmas ones being retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->