December FET buddies

VLW

Reaction score
Hi all
My story so far, had ICSI in September which sadly ended in BFN. 10 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilised, 4 made it to day 5 so 1 transferred (ended in bfn) and we have 3 frosties. We are doing a natural FET so no meds, due for ET on Sunday, fingers crossed it's a sticky one this time.

Love to chat with others in similar situation :) xx

Hi VLW,

I am doing a medicated FET, about to start cyclogest pessaries tomorrow and our embryo transfer is booked for 15th and I go back for a blood test on 23rd. We have 3 blastocysts left all frozen in 1 straw so this is our last shot at having 1 more baby. We did our first Ivf with icsi in August 2012 which was unsuccessful however it did mean we had 11 blastocysts to freeze (frozen in straws of 4,4 and 3). We did our first medicated fet in November 2012 which also failed and then our 2nd fet in February 2013 which resulted in our now 2 yr old little girl.
Absolutely terrified of getting the call to say how many survived if any. I darent think about it not working as this is it for us.

Im 2dp5dt, so a little ahead of you ladies. Ive had cramps since about 6hrs post transfer of my fully hatched blastocyst which thawed with 100% cell survival and good expansion. Boobs feel slightly tender today and i had a slight temp dip.
Good luck with your transfers girls x

Hi ladies,
Fingers crossed, hopefully you get the most beautiful Christmas present this year, a bfp!
I am 11dp5dt. We had two blastos transfered (FET) but I noticed light spotting this morning so I am worried and fear it's gonna be a failure. It is especially sad as I thought this whole time it was working and I was getting pregnant. I had the same symptoms as during a cycle in Feb when I got pregnant but unfortunately miscarried at 12 weeks, which was Cramping on day 7-8pt, about expected time of my period, but no bleedin or spotting, headache, feeling hot... all exactly the same as in Feb., but then there was no spotting on day 11 and the headache had stopped too. Oh well, not giving up entirely yet but a bit sceptical... Baby dust to you all and fingers crossed!

Hi ladies, I'm glad I'm not alone!

C&J - wow so your ET is 2 days after mine then? We'll be finding out around the same time then. If your blast's are in 1 straw what does that mean? I have no idea how mine are stored tbh? Congrats on your 2 year old from your fet must give you hope that it will work, I'm really hoping this time will be ours!!

Rachy28 - wow it could be implantation cramps your getting. It all sounds positive, when is your test day?

PatientMum - sorry to hear of your miscarriage it must be awful to go through after having endured IVF. Spotting is also a sign of implantation so don't count yourself out just yet. When is your test day?

I wont find out a time for ET until Sunday morning when they take embryo out to thaw. Can be any time for 10am onwards so need to wait for a call around 8am so nervous now xx

xx

C&J - wow so your ET is 2 days after mine then? We'll be finding out around the same time then. If your blast's are in 1 straw what does that mean? I have no idea how mine are stored tbh? Congrats on your 2 year old from your fet must give you hope that it will work, I'm really hoping this time will be ours!!

Rachy28 - wow it could be implantation cramps your getting. It all sounds positive, when is your test day?

PatientMum - sorry to hear of your miscarriage it must be awful to go through after having endured IVF. Spotting is also a sign of implantation so don't count yourself out just yet. When is your test day? xx

hi VLW,
Thank you for the supportive words, it's very kind, my official test day isn't until Dec 16! so a long time... Anyway, just wanted to wish you good luck with your transfer and point out that I do believe FETs seem more promising to me than fresh cycles as the body has had time to recover from all the stim meds and my Feb pregnancy also resulted from a FET, while a fresh cycle had failed.
I have always had blastos transfered but am wondering now whether it's better not to go into a blast and freeze/transfer 3 day embies. I heard an opinion some embies do not make it to the 5th day not because they are not viable but just cos they don't "like" the in vitro environment. Have you ever heard this?? Could this be true? I will be 40 in Jan and my age means more and more eggs may be of a bad quality, so it bothers me to think that some of our embies may have died in the IVF porcess just cos of the environment and could have lived and been healthy babies if they were in me earlier. What do you girls think?

Why are they making you wait so long? My otd is December 18th. If you're 11dp5dt you would show positive/negative on a hpt by now. I will be 11dp5dt on the 18th. You must be crazy strong to hold out that long!
If i were you...id :test: 😉

Embryos that dont make it past day 3 are generally incompetent/abnormal. The best option is to go to day 5 if you have enough embryos to do so. Also, with your age, it may be worth looking into PGS testing. That way you know you're only transferring healthy embryos giving you a 50-60% chance of pregnancy with each transfer. Pregnancy rates are higher with day 5 transfers and higher still with day 5 pgs tested embryos. Ultimately the decision is yours but its always best to take well informed decisions. Good luck with your test x

Rachy28,
I can either be crazy strong or not have enough courage for a HPT earlier than told...I think the latter might be the case... the spotting has stopped but I can feel some cramping going on...If there's no more spotting by friday i'll just test!

Thank you for the comment on 5d vs 3d. That's exactly what i was thinking. But a friend of mine never saw her embies making it to day5 so she did transfer on day3 and got pregnant. her doctor said the time out of the body probably played a role.
yes, we did PGS on four 5d blasts. Three came back abnornal, one wasnt checked as they took a part that contained no genes. they froze that one snd now it's in me together with a 6d blast from the previous cycle from which i hot pregnant but miscarried at 12 wks... we had no PGS testing then...

What do you think abt ICSI? Doctors always tell us that ICSI increases our chances, but I have doubts now. Hubby's sperm is normal and i came across a study injecting sperm into the egg somewhat raises likelihood of chromosomal abnormalities. again, with my age, it's an issue...But anyway, i still havnt given up on this cycle despite the spotting this morning. And enough about me... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Dec 18! take care!

yeh your right your right the body does have time to recover from injections I feel more relaxed this time around anyway so fingers crossed!

I have been told to test 10 days after a 5 day transfer so if you did one it would probably acurate. It not easy getting the courage up to test when you've been through so much.

I also think day 5 embryos are a bit better although I guess you just don't know how they will react outside of the normal body. I'm sure the hospital are doing the right thing though they defo know what they are doing :) We had ICSI but that's because my hubby had lovely low count and mobility.

We had icsi like VLW :thumbup:
We didn't actually get a choice because dh has severe antisperm antibodies from his previous vasectomy and subsequent vasectomy reversal. Also as we are testing for a specific gene mutation, icsi is always used to avoid contamination. If you look at my signature, we didn't do too bad considering...we did actually get 8 of my 11 fertilised embryos to day 5 but 3 of them began to perish after biopsy. I definitely don't think that was anything to do with using icsi, it was just one of those things as they were top graded embryos. My lowest grade embryo was the only one that didn't have my 50/50 gene mutation...go figure :wacko:

Basically all 3 blastocysts are all frozen together rather than individually (so they can't take out one at a time to thaw)
It definately gives us hope I'm just petrified they won't survive the thaw. I am absolutely dreading waiting for that call.

Started my cyclogest yesterday 2 x 400mg twice a day, no side effects from them so far.

As for ICSI , we had it because o/h's morphology was slightly lower than average. I had 29 eggs collected, 23 fertilised, 18 made it to day 3 and 12 made it to day 5 so we had 11 to freeze.

I'm guessing mine a stored separately then, I will get a phone call Sunday morning before they take them out of storage. Fingers crossed ours make the thaw it's such difficult time isn't it, you think everything is plain sailing until you start! So I'm guessing one will be taken to thaw and if it doesn't survive then keep going until one does? We only have three so I hope 1 does.

I hated cyclogest pessaries they aren't the nicest are they, glad I don't have to take them this time ha.

Glad we'll be in the 2ww together :) xx

We had icsi like VLW :thumbup:
We didn't actually get a choice because dh has severe antisperm antibodies from his previous vasectomy and subsequent vasectomy reversal. Also as we are testing for a specific gene mutation, icsi is always used to avoid contamination. If you look at my signature, we didn't do too bad considering...we did actually get 8 of my 11 fertilised embryos to day 5 but 3 of them began to perish after biopsy. I definitely don't think that was anything to do with using icsi, it was just one of those things as they were top graded embryos. My lowest grade embryo was the only one that didn't have my 50/50 gene mutation...go figure :wacko:

We didn't have a choice either but we managed to get 3 that made it to day 5 for freezing. I have no idea what grade mine where, our clinic doesn't tell you what grade they are, I was just told they only freeze the very best possible so I guess we must have 3 good ones, here's hoping. When's your test day again, next week?

Otd is next Friday. Had a little bit of spotting one when wiping this morning, nothing since then. Really hoping this is it 😉

Sounds promising, got everything crossed for you. Make sure you keep us posted xx

Well I'm now in the 2ww, ET went well yesterday and the embryo survived the thaw!

C&j hope all goes well for yours tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->