***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Camden just gets prettier and prettier, if thats even possible! Arghh scooby that is so annoying about your mum. My friend always tries to give Millie rusks which I wouldn't ever give to a baby, down to their ridiculous sugar content (and no good nutritional value whatsoever!). I wish people would be more respectful towards parent's wishes.

Here's a recent(ish) pic of Millie :) it is sad how quickly they're growing, but amazing to see them developing and reaching their milestones as the months go by.

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/F696EBEE-AEEB-4866-9355-DD1EC26AB91F-5975-000003291B227A60_zpsfbea23a0.jpg

So is anybody actively trying for another baby? Or soon will be? I'm definitely not ready for another just yet, but would like one more maybe in a year or 2. OH is dead against though so I've got my work cut out trying to change his mind :lol:

And a quick sibling pic :cloud9: if this doesn't make you want another then I don't know what will! :lol:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/A467905B-34B9-4DE9-A06F-C8C3315AF0BA-5975-00000329105432E4_zpsf883d190.jpg

Adorable lolly! I would like at least one more, but definitely not ready right now. I think 2-3 years between is a nice age gap.

Wow, I tried to post yesterday and my post got lost. I come back today and there are three pages to read!!
Quite a bit been happening here.

Amber is also having less wet nappies than before. I did wonder if anyone else had this. I have been trying to give her some water to drink during the hot days.
She also moves around the crib like a mad thing. I spend a lot of time putting lets and arms back inside!
I'm really sorry for those working full days and not lots of baby time. And for those who are trying to make daycare plans. I'm so grateful that I get so much time at home!
I have to back everyone else up on the sleep training issue. I am also one of the lucky ones who has a baby who sleeps easily and through the night. I don't do well with lack of sleep so if I wasn't blessed I know I would also have to go down that road. Like lolly said, we aren't all going to parent in the same way.
Scooby sorry for the mom issues. I've had a few MIL issues. I have no problem with people giving advice/opinions but give it and be done with it. But she goes on and on and on.... No respect for my parenting choices. Anyway, they left today. It was nice having family visiting but very tiring. They were always on the go.

Amber has also had a cold. I felt so bad for her but she seems to be recovering from it and it didn't affect her too much. Of course DH has it now! Man flu... need I say more!

I found a small puppy on Wednesday as I was leaving for work. He was cold and shivering and whimpering. I'm way too soft hearted so I phoned my dh in tears and told him he had to rescue it! So now the little guy is on our balcony. He has flea's so can't come inside. But he's adorable and so playful. Now we're trying to find a home for him. I know dh would love to keep him but we've got two cats and if we move at the end of the year its going to be a mission with them already.

I went and got another tattoo on Thursday with my MIL and her sister. They each got something on a finger and I got one on my foot. I got a snowflake for my December snowflake. I love it!

Sorry for the long post. Needed to get all that out there!!

Lolly and Scooby - ADORABLE!!!

Scooby thanks for the suggestions. :hugs: moms can be a pain sometimes. My mom is the same way with me and I'm sure her's was with her... and I'll probably unintentionally be that way with Ellie one day. sighhhhh.

SO out of nowhere today, Ellie was playing with DH and said "Dada". She hasn't really said her D's before and was really good with M's so we both were sure she'd utter mama first. She's said mamamamam but wasn't referring to me... just babbling. She's now been saying Dada all day, when DH is around. Weird!

Daydream I forgot to say your anniversary is on my birthday! What a good day!! :)

And lolly your pictures are amazing! So precious. And in answer to your question I definitely want another one but we're also going to wait about 2 years.

Here is a pic of my new snowflake tattoo.

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 5
Cute tattoo! A really sweet idea and it's well done. I like how you went with blue rather than black ink :) I'm getting some work done on my arm - an owl and a pocket watch stopped at the time Mia was born. I've been putting it off though cause I'm such a baby with needles! You'd think I'd be over that after all the poking we get through pregnancy right?

lolly that sibling picture is just adorable! It's one of the reasons I know for sure I'm def going to try for another. Just imagining Mia being as close with baby #2 as I was with my sister gives me the warm fuzzies. Is your oldest a "mummy" to millie? I know I kept calling my sister "my baby" and was super protective over her :)

scooby - She's so cute! I love her outfit. She's sitting so well by herself, I think once babies are "upright" it really hits us how grown up they are isn't it?

Yesterday we were at the hospital for almost 7 hours. She started projectile vomiting at noon, then choking on foamy liquid, then vomiting bile and she went limb and drowsy. They started her on serum and we did the urine exam (with the plastic bag taped over her bits) but she was so dehydrated she didn't pee for 3 hours. Since I couldn't BF she was screaming her head off the entire time, poor thing. The results came back normal so I have no idea what caused it, aside from perhaps this horrendous heat, but we have been staying indoors and she sleeps in nothing but a nappy with the fan on as it is so I have no idea how to keep her cooler. It was the first time she's ever been sick and I joked to OH that we have gone through a parental rite of passage now. Scared the crap out of us!

Coco, how scary!! I guess she's doing better now? I do not look forward to our first sickness.

Bean- love your snowflake!

Sigh - yay for dada! Amazing that is seems she's actually using it properly too. How exciting!

Oh my gosh Coco, that's terrifying! I hope she's on the mend. I'd be scared to bits. Poor thing.

Great tattoo Bean! What a cool idea. hee heeh Cool....like a snowflake!

Bean - that tattoo is gorgeous! and yes that is a great day :)

coco - so scary! Glad she's okay now. It's been very hot here too (100+ degrees F) thankfully we have a/c and have been running it nonstop. Otherwise I would have no idea how to deal with this weather. Our ped said to just make sure that mommy is drinking lots and lots of water so that your breastmilk is able to change and give LO the water they need

coco- :hugs: is she ok?? Do you know what caused it? So scary!! Hope you're ok!

bean - love the snowflake tattoo!

OMG coco, how scary :( how is she today?

Amber does mother Millie a lot, it's really cute. She's more interested in her these days since Millie's older and can't interact more, I can't wait to see how they'll be together in a year or so :) she likes to remind everyone that Millie is HER sister too :lol: she says "not yours (to me), not daddy's, Amber's sister"!

Hi girls, Lewis has been in hospital for 3 nights :nope: he was finally released today. All started on Thursday morning when he woke for his 4 am feed he couldn't settle himself back down, like he just couldn't get comfortable, eventually after an hour of tossing and turning he fell back asleep. Then when he awoke at 7 am, he started a cry we have never heard before it continued for two hour, completely unconsolable we got an emergency appointment at GP, typically by the time we got to docs at 10.30 he was all smiles and dr said she imagined it was a temper tantrum:growlmad: I know ,y son and I know the difference between a temper tantrum and something being wrong. Anyway as soon as we got home he started vomiting so I phoned dr and she said it was prob a tummy bug and to just give regular fluids and with hold solids. By 18.00 he was only wanting cuddles, would not be put down, was sleeping if not sleeping groaning and vomiting. He then had a constipated stool. So we phoned nhs 24 and got an appointment immediately by the time we got there his temp was 39.1 :nope: he was refusing water and spitting out his calpol, he only took the smallest bf. we were sent up to the hospital where he was admitted, has had innumerable bloods taken and had a lumbar puncture as they thought he may have had meningitis or viral encephalitis. It was horrible, thankfully he was clear for all these. By yesterday afternoon he was smiling again, and today he was playing and laughing, eating and drinking again:thumbup: so he got to come home, even though we don't know what was wrong, consultant says she believes it was viral as his crp had raised so high but they can't test for every virus. But fought it off himself as they didn't know what was wrong they couldn't give anti vitals or antibiotics. Thank goodness he is just fab now, just went to bed.......gonna sleep in his room tonight in a camp bed just to keep an eye on him.

Oh poor lewis! Glad he's better. Must be so scary to be in the hospital with ur lo.

Baby Bell - :hugs: to you, that must have been so hard. I'm so glad Lewis is doing better now

Oh coco and baby bell. I can't tell you how sorry I am that you've had such ordeals. You must both have been terrified. So glad all is well with both your little ones. Hope they are well today and you had a good night.

Big kisses to the poorly little ones and their mummys from their snowflakes aunties!! Xxxxx

Baby Bell - How scary! I can't imagine three nights not knowing what's wrong or even thinking it could be something like meningitis :hugs: I can imagine you barely slept. So glad Lewis is back to his old self and you're right - a mother always knows when something is wrong and the best we can do is trust our instincts. Lots of cuddles and mummy's milk :) Let us know how he is today xx

Mia hasn't vomited or anything since we got home. She had two runny poos the next morning, I'm not sure if that's an indication of a tummy bug or if it was all the serum she had. I've been a little scared to offer solids in case something disagrees with her and I've been nursing more frequently. Other than that she is as cheery as ever and it's as if nothing happened at all! :) Thanks for the well wishes girls xx

ps sigh - aw, her first word! such a clever girl :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->