***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

ttc_lolly

Mum to 3 girls :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:

Me again!! I thought I'd start our parenting thread over here ready to follow on from our pregnancy journeys, and I know I've enjoyed joking, laughing, sharing and even worrying over my pregnancy with plenty of you so hoping others feel the same and would like to continue our amazing journeys together :flower:

My LO was born in November, but I'm a Snowflake at heart so sticking with you gals :friends:

If you could post your baby's D.O.B, gender and name for the list and I'll have everyone added.

Can't wait to begin our new journey! xx

:xmas12: December Snowflakes 2012 babies :xmas12:

14th Nov
2016 - Felicity :pink:
16th Nov
GenYsuperlady - Summer :pink:
19th Nov
Ichisan - Ruri Emi :pink:
26th Nov
stark18 - Tatum Elizabeth :pink:
27th Nov
ttc_lolly - Millie Emma :pink:
Blu_Butterfly - Kevin :blue:
28th Nov
Chloe597 - Gabriella Serafina :pink:
29th Nov
kitty2385 - Evie Amelia :pink:
30th Nov
Bay - Finley Eden :blue:
2nd Dec
cookielucylou - Hayden :blue:
Kelly M - Carter Thomas :blue:
3rd Dec
Baby Bell - Lewis :blue:
7th Dec
verona - Amelia-Rose :pink:
sigh - Eliana :pink:
8th Dec
mummyof2girlz - Isaac :blue:
9th Dec
ImSoTired - Caitlyn Isabel :pink:
mtmnleg - Arianna Michelle :pink:
puravida - Maya :pink:
10th Dec
munch - Seth :blue:
Nellie83 - Tulloch George :blue:
14th Dec
Honey.Bee - Ava Mae :pink:
15th Dec
toothfairy29 - Joseph Oscar :blue:
samj732 - Izobel Loren :pink:
cococobain - Mia Raquel :pink:
18th Dec
daydream - Harrison :blue:
lovie - Elvin :blue:
20th Dec
Elljo3 - Caitlyn :pink:
22nd Dec
bbygurl719 - Angelyca Grace :pink:
Saradavies89 - Amaleigh :pink:
23rd Dec
Fifipots - Teddie Hope :pink:
24th Dec
LillyLee - Lilliana Siobhan :pink:
25th Dec
ocean_pearl - Oliver James :blue:
expatttc - Rosa Mary :pink:
27th Dec
Beanonorder - Amber Chloe :pink:
scoobydrlp - Camden :pink:
28th Dec
gracia - Zander James :blue:

How do we follow thread once we're on here, I'm on an iPhone and can't see a follow me bit anywhere???
Ps lauryn, well done to you, as we're so close maybe in the new year we could meet up and actually have a real conversation all be it probably about babies!!!

What do you mean hun? Do you mean how can you follow updates on here, like every new post etc? As you've already commented it'll already subscribe you to the thread so every time you go in to your ''User CP'' the link will be there ready for you to click on :) along with every other thread on BnB you've ever wrote in!

I would defo be up for a meet too :) I started a thread not that long ago in the meet up section for Herts mummies! x

Hiya lolly :wave: thanks for starting this thread.

Can you please add Flicka, born 14th November. :cloud9:

Just want to pop in so i am subscribed to this thread for when baby comes. Ty Lolly!:thumbup:

Cool, didn't realise that once you'd written on a post u were subscribed to it, easy peasy!! Ill try and find the thread about meet ups too xx

Just subscribing for next week, when I got my baby and joining you ladies:hugs:
Thanks lolly for continuing this!

My baby girl, Tatum Elizabeth, was born 11-26-2012.

Thanks for organising us, yet again Lolly! Hope to be joining you over here soon x

Just joining in for when my time finally comes! Thanks for doing this lolly!

My pleasure ladies :) can't wait until everyone's over here, oh the fun we are going to have!

Yay Lolly -- thanks for setting this up :)

Summer was born 11/16/12.

I hope all you mommies are doing well. I'm having a tough time and was actually diagnosed with post-partum depression today. It was a big surprise to me (I thought it was just hormones) but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. I'm hugely anxious about Summer (her feedings especially), I cry at the drop of a hat, I feel a huge amount of guilt for EVERYTHING (my husband taking on so much, not being happy enough about Summer, being a burden to my family), and though I'm "sleeping," I'm not sleeping well (I'm so anxious I wake at the slightest noise).

A plan is in place and I have a lot of support from DH, my family, and my doctor...fx'd I can get back to a good place quickly so I can be the best wife and mother possible, and enjoy this amazing time in my daughter's life.

Just subscribing, hopefully will join you for real in the next couple of days!

Oh gen!!! Big hugs. I am not surprised you're depressed to be honest as you have had such a tough time and worked so hard up until your waters were breaking! Please try give yourself a break and rest and accept help as much as poss. Take care xxxxxxxxx stop trying to live up to your username!! Xxxxxx

Evie Amelia, born 29/11/12, 2.46pm, weight 7lbs x

Oh well done kitty!!! Congratulations!! Hope you're both ok? Photos ASAP!!!

Gen :hugs: huge hugs hun, you have had a tough time so far especially with Summer's feeding schedule. I'm so glad your doctor recognised the signs and you have answers as so many women go undiagnosed and without any help or support. We are here for you too lovely :flower:

Kitty, massive congrats hun!

Oh my goodness I lose the laptop for a few days and we are here already!
My baby girl Ruri Emi was born 19/11/12, 3:45am weight 7lbs 15oz :)

Congrats to all the new mums looking forward to continuing this journey with you all :hugs:

We need some little male Snowflakes in here, it's all girls so far :D

Gen - I am glad that you are getting some support but please take it easy on yourself. You haven't had a break. You went straight from a demanding job, into a difficult and long labour and then a punishing feeding schedule. On top of this there are all the hormones racing around, anxieties that we are all going to have and a big change from being a professional woman to a Mummy. I know a lot of my friends have found this a difficult transition to make. Throughout your working life I can imagine you have been successful in what you do. You know your job, you do it amazingly well and you have a vital role in your team. Then suddenly, it all changes. A baby arrives, she doesn't come with a manual and you doubt yourself. Please don't. I have seen it time and time again with my friends and do you know what? Give it a few weeks and it all becomes clear. Don't put pressure on yourself and ask for help. Your friends and family will be delighted. We are all here for you x x x

Thank you everyone so much for the support! :flower: DH did all the nighttime feedings last night in order for me to catch up on a little sleep. I was surprised at how hard it was to fall asleep -- my mind wouldn't stop racing!

I did get some good sleep though eventually. We are also going to be changing over to formula so that I am not spending 3+ hours a day feeling awful while I pump. I have enough milk saved up to last a good few days, then we will make the switch. We have cleared it with her pediatrician who thinks it is just a fine idea. I am still so glad I was able to give her breast milk for her most important first few weeks, but I cannot wait to be able to use those 3 hours a day to bond with my baby and take care of myself.

Right now I'm only pumping for comfort as I try to wean down -- taking lecithin to reduce the clogged ducts, will be getting some cabbage leaves today, as well as altoids (the peppermint extract is supposed to help reduce supply) and start doing sage tea. Any other tips greatly appreciated!

I am so glad that I can speak openly about it in this forum...and I know that I will get through this (I'm a super lady, right?). :haha: DH's family is in town this weekend which usually makes me want to pull out my hair, but I'm going to take full advantage of the free babysitting and try to get some more good sleep. Then my mom arrives from the UK in one week and I know she will take great care of us all!

As for Summer, she had her 2 week visit today and is OVER her birth weight (born 6lb 9oz, now 6lb 12oz!). She is very healthy and happy and no further "extra" visits are needed due to her prematurity. She has definitely woken up a lot more in the last 48 hours and now fusses for her feeds most of the time without us having to wake her up! I'm such a proud mommy! :cloud9: And hearing her scream during her heel prick for PKU testing was amazing...she never cried with any of the heel pricks in the hospital as she was too lethargic.

How is everyone else coping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"