**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Grace - obviously everyone is different, but in my case the midwife thought breaking my waters was enough to get my labour going and I probably didn't need the induction. In fact she said it's never happened before that the oxytocin, which was already a low dose, was turned off so soon after being started and then never resumed. So I hoped it can be a similar experience for you!

Rose, I think, was the one who asked about clicks? I definitely heard clicks in my belly, and it was definitely baby!

I've now forgotten everything else I was going to say and have to try to sleep now, but good luck to all awaiting mothers! It'll be worth the wait, I promise, and I can't wait for updates.

Out of my 5 inductions the 2nd i didn't need the drip, only had my waters broken. They only need you to dilate before the waters being broken so they can reach them xxx

Grace and rose - I really hope things move quickly for you.

I just had my second sweep. I'm 2cm dilated, effaced and engaged but I'm not keeping my hopes up this time as I'm sick of getting my hopes up every time I get contractions!

Hope it works for you Laura :D

Yes Jezika it was me - ive done some googling and I'm convinced it was baby's joints. Apparently it's quite common. She was moving wildly at the time so who knows what she was up to. It definitely wasn't my joints as I was just sat on the floor at the time.

Today I managed to go for a walk and then walk (waddle) around ikea as we have decided to finally order our bedroom wardrobes. I've ordered them for 31st so I hope she won't be that late (with the amount of pressure I've been getting I would be seriously surprised if she is). All the way around the shop I could feel major pressure and the odd contraction, I was starting to think my waters might break in the middle of the shop! Since we have got home and I have relaxed they have calmed down and the pressure has reduced, but it's definitely the most intense feelings I've had so far so I'm hoping it has helped to get things ready down there!

The midwife hasn't got back to me about my next appointment which will be a home visit, so I must remember to call tomorrow

Rose, I read the same about the clicking joints and I knew it was definitely coming from baby and not me. All normal, in any case, and she came out fine.

Oh! My midwife said a while back that if I want to induce labour, go to IKEA! Apparently several of their clients have spontaneously gone into labour after an IKEA visit, so FX for you!

Haha!! IKEA didn't work - baby is very calm and things are uneventful today. However I have called the hospital as I haven't felt her move much today. They have said to eat and drink and lie down, and wait an hour or two and see how she moves then. then I suppose they'll ask me to come in and be checked if there's still nothing. I am sure she's fine but the fact she is overdue is making me anxious about the lack of movement.

My induction has been booked for 29th, so hopefully she will be here in 2016 even if she doesn't come of her own accord :)

Thanks, I ended up going to get checked - all was fine and baby moved loads while I was there, typical!!

That's good - the same happened to me when I went for the same reason a few weeks back. Still better to be safe though and glad all ok! They would rather you get checked than worry.

Hi everyone. Congrats on your babies !! I keep seeing mention of a Facebook group. How can I join that ? It will be nice to talk to other moms about our babies !

Hi everyone. Congrats on your babies !! I keep seeing mention of a Facebook group. How can I join that ? It will be nice to talk to other moms about our babies !

If you message counting with your details she'll add you!

Hi ladies! Baby Alice arrived yesterday just before 1pm, 9lb 3oz. It all happened very quickly, I woke up with mild contractions in the morning, went to the hospital at 10 and she was out within 3 hours! I was only in the pool an hour and a half. Will update and catch up properly when we get home :)

Congratulations Rose.

My head is minced, they are going to try and induce me tonight. I am nervous of a cascade of interventions. But at the same time would like to be home for Christmas morning.
My best case senario is it all goes to plan, dilate quickly and baby born without hassle within 12 hours, few hours in hospital and home late tomorrow Christmas Eve.
Other options seem to be let them try once with the gel if it fails to come home and try again in a couple of days, either Christmas night or boxing night. That seems most logical, other wise I need to be sure they don't put things putting the baby into distress then landing with a c-section.

Anyone who would like to join the Facebook group:

Just message me with your Facebook details ( name on Facebook and some other detail to identify you like what your profile picture is so I can tell you apart from others with the same name!)

It'd be lovely for a few more ladies to join up!

Congratulations Rose.

My head is minced, they are going to try and induce me tonight. I am nervous of a cascade of interventions. But at the same time would like to be home for Christmas morning.
My best case senario is it all goes to plan, dilate quickly and baby born without hassle within 12 hours, few hours in hospital and home late tomorrow Christmas Eve.
Other options seem to be let them try once with the gel if it fails to come home and try again in a couple of days, either Christmas night or boxing night. That seems most logical, other wise I need to be sure they don't put things putting the baby into distress then landing with a c-section.

I've had 3 successful inductions that ended in vaginal births :). One was even completely drug free. None of my babies have gone into distress either. I know there are a lot of horror stories but most inductions end with successful deliveries.
I hope baby agrees to come on their own, or at least you have a good, easy induction.

Congratulations rose!

My Lucy Grace was born yesterday on Christmas Eve at 39+4 by emergency c section. I was going for a vbac and was in labour for 33 hours with only progress up to 4cm. After 29 hours I asked for a c section as I knew that the longer labour went on the higher risk of a uterine rupture. Due to another emergency I didn't get my c section until 4 hours later and they confirmed that the uterus was minutes away from rupturing (they could see baby's face through the scar). We are both very lucky to have made it. They've told me if I were to have a third child (which I'm not!) they wouldn't let me have a single contraction.

Anyway she's born and she's perfect and weighed in at 6ib 13oz. She took to breastfeeding straight away although seems to sleep all day and be up all night aargh!

Merry Christmas everyone by the way! I keep forgetting what day it is as we are still in hospital!

Baby boy was born after 2 pessary tablets. He was out in one push after lots of back ache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->