**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Anyone else having a hard time controlling their appetite? I was doing so well for awhile in not eating too much but I've felt insatiable for the past couple weeks. I've been working on not overeating but it's so hard sometimes!

Anyone else having a hard time controlling their appetite? I was doing so well for awhile in not eating too much but I've felt insatiable for the past couple weeks. I've been working on not overeating but it's so hard sometimes!

Me. I had no appetite until about a month ago, now I can't stop eating.

I am definitely eating more than I was, and managing more unhealthy snacks now too. I wish I was doing more exercise but I still feel tired at times and my hips ache like mad if I over do it. Just trying to keep up with the housework etc which is probably enough of a work out!!

Rose I feel ya on the tired part and the running around the house part. I'm so tired most days it's so hard for me to do anything but the norm, aka making meals, chasing my 13 month old and chores. I've been squeezing some exercise in here and there but not nearly as much as I was able to do earlier in the pregnancy. I'm just worn out and unfortunately hungry most of the time! :dohh:

Heartburn is the cure all for overeating. I checked back BnB and i didn't appear to mention it until 34 weeks with DS.

I have been starving. Driving home from seeing family this weekend, I told DH I wanted dinner and it was only 3:45 in the afternoon :D

We had a clothes and gift card shower for the twins this weekend with dh's family. It was more of a family party that happened to have a few gifts as the men and kiddos were there and we had a fajita dinner.

Anyways, I just ordered a city mini double and about keeled over at the cost before hitting purchase! The city mini and joovy twin roo stroller frame are my major splurges this pregnancy.

What are your splurges for this baby (or what would you love to have)?

This will be my third boy in less than 3.5 years...there's not a whole lot we need. We bed share, cloth diaper ( have a full stash), breastfeeding so there's not a whole lot we don't have.

Big splurges will be a new baby carrier at some point for baby Fox because his older brother is really small and still using the infant size ( I will tandem wear the two youngest). Also a new dresser for the two older boys so I can move the littlest clothes to the baby dresser. Aside from that I'll need some winter baby clothes. And a few newborn size diaper covers to replace the old ones I hate.

The biggest possible expense is we are debating buying a king sized bed, or a second queen sized to extend out current queen sized because our older two still end up in our bed at some point every night and its already frigging crowded with the four of us so we need to figure out how to make more space for a new baby.

A double queen sized bed? That would be epic!!!

Any advice from existing mothers on what essentials to get for by the time baby arrives, esp. for cold climes? I read so many different things online, like you don't really need a crib just yet, don't need a changing table etc. We live in the city with a pretty small apartment and no car, so we definitely should only be getting what we absolutely need.

And re: eating, yes, I've been eating an amount fit for a small village.

I'm starving all the time too! I was pretty disgusted with myself on Saturday as I ate 5 meals - and they weren't small!

Jezika - we just used a changing mat on our desk for changing so I don't think you need a changing table. You'll only need a Moses basket or small crib for first few months before they go in a cot or bigger crib. I'd just say buggy, car seat, and blankets/sleeping bags and maybe a baby bath. If it's cold, maybe a snow suit. You might want to get some vests and baby grows although remember you will probably get loads of gifts! I personally didn't purchase a breast pump until after baby was born as I wanted to know how breastfeeding was going to work out etc. We did end up buying one on about day 4 though! If you're close to shops, you'll always be able to nip out afterwards to pick up essentials. You'll obviously also need nappies and wipes (or cotton wool). Maybe a hat too. I've probably missed things but I'm sure others will spot what I've missed!

Jezika this time we are just getting a small swinging crib so baby will fit in our room until she is 6 months old. We had a Moses basket last time but DS only fitted in it for about 6 weeks and then we put him in to his cot bed, in our room. We have since moved and our bedroom is a different shape so there isn't room for a cot bed. we don't have DS' cot anymore but I won't buy a new one until we actually need it. I will probably get it second hand as we didn't use DS' for more than a couple of years anyway. I have DS' stroller and will be getting a baby carrier for this baby too, as I expect I will want my hands free. I have bought an extra bouncy chair for upstairs so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs - I won't have time to keep lugging it up and down with 2 of them and a dog to look after!

Honestly I bought loads of stuff for DS that we didn't even need and we have got rid of most of it now due to moving when he was one. This time I'm going for a more minimalist style and only buying things I know we need.

I won't be buying special nursery furniture this time either. Last time I got a lovely set with the cot bed, wardrobe and changing table/unit but I think a standard wardrobe and chest of drawers would have been just as good if not better. DS still has the wardrobe which is a good size but we got rid of the change table unit. I never changed him on it anyway as I felt safer doing it on a mat on the floor.

A double queen sized bed? That would be epic!!!

Any advice from existing mothers on what essentials to get for by the time baby arrives, esp. for cold climes? I read so many different things online, like you don't really need a crib just yet, don't need a changing table etc. We live in the city with a pretty small apartment and no car, so we definitely should only be getting what we absolutely need.

And re: eating, yes, I've been eating an amount fit for a small village.

We had a changing table with my first and a crib and never used either. Epic waste of space and money in our case. Also had a bassinet which never got used. Ever. Haha.

Essentials for a cold climate- long sleeve onsies and lots of sleepers. Soft fabrics pants- I like the stretchy almost tights type and find jeans, etc are super stiff and always hindered my boys movement. A good pair of warm slippers- padraig style hold up really well. Hats. Blankets. Snow suit if you want BUT they can't be used for a cat seat so warm blankie are also a good choice. I love muslin swaddles. A good high quality baby carrier was essential for me. A breastfeeding pillow if you plan to nurse is incredibly helpful but not crazy needed as a regular pillow will work in a pinch. At least one safe place to put baby down if you need a shower or to be hands free for a minute- a swing of a vibrating chair. Car seat obviously, we always go for a convertible one. Lots of washcloths. I think that's my essentials list!

O if you are going to baby wear in the cold- a big jacket that can zip around you both :)

I'm constantly starving! I'll have a full meal and be hungry a couple hours later. I have my 24-week appointment on Wednesday and I'm terrified of seeing what the scale says. I've been gaining weight at such a rapid pace, it's freaking me out!

On a lighter note, we cleared out the guest room and set up the baby's crib. Waiting for her dresser and rocker to come within the next few weeks. I also need to order her mattress and mattress pad so I can set up the crib completely. Can't wait to see it all come together!

MrsRose I'm so scared of the scale too! I go back to the Dr. on Sept 1 and I do NOT want to see the numbers.

Since we already have a girl, we have most of what we need. We are going to get a bassinet this time around since DD will still be in the crib, or we will use the pack n play we already have, not sure. We also need winter clothes as DD is a July baby so we need some warmer items. Other than that, I can't think of anything else we need.

Hello friends, I'm sorry to bring sad news but my sweet Parker Rose is an angel now. I hadn't been able to find her on my doppler since Friday, and ultrasound confirmed this morning that she passed.

I hope that you all continue to have healthy and happy journeys. Thank you so much for your support!

Hello friends, I'm sorry to bring sad news but my sweet Parker Rose is an angel now. I hadn't been able to find her on my doppler since Friday, and ultrasound confirmed this morning that she passed.

I hope that you all continue to have healthy and happy journeys. Thank you so much for your support!

Oh scoobydrip, my thoughts are with you. What a beautiful name, sleep tight little angel xx

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do. Fly Free Parker.

Scoobydrlp: I wish there was something I could say, I truly am sorry :hugs: sleep tight beautiful angel

Scoobydrip - that is a beautiful name. I'm so sorry for your news. Please stay strong and take care of yourself.

Oh, Scooby. I'm so sorry. What an incredibly difficult few weeks it's been for you. I hope you're able to find the comfort and support that you need right now, and you're so sweet for your kind words <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->