Decided to start temping...advice please :)

mimdan

Mum of two
Reaction score
Ok so I'm not offically cd1 yet, I have been having brown spotting which is now turning a pink/reddish color, back cramps are stronger so I know AF will be here tonight/tomorrow plus I've just tested and was bfn so think its safe to say I'm out again this cycle, however i cant help but be happy to see AF in a way because for me she has arrived around cd30/31 and as I have pcos and the last two recorded cycles were between 40/50+ days its nice to feel like i've had a normal this time round, I'm hoping next cycle will be the same but with pcos, who knows ! I know I've been less stressed this month so hopefully thats the key to bringing my cycles closer together like I know they can be or have been...anyway, I bought a basal thermometer ages ago but never wanted to use it but I think I'm going to this cycle :) so girls can you just give me a quick run down on the basics of temping please, what should I expect to see, and what temps mean what, also when should I start ?

Thank you :thumbup:

Here's what I know about temping - others may have more experience or advice!!!
temp at same time every morning before you talk, get out of bed, etc...
I even wear the same clothes to bed...
before O your temps will be lower... when you temperature rises that is confirmation that you ovulated... (after three days of higher temps)

temping can be good and bad - good that you see what is going on - bad that you see what is going on... :haha:

so good luck and remember you are just starting so don't be too hard on yourself... I use fertilty friend to help me track everything... it is free and you can get a phone app too... but I know there are lots of websites and app's that can help

Good luck!!

Thank you for your help :) is the temp rise for ovulation significant or a slight rise ? I'm glad you told me to look for 3 days higher temp as that I didnt know :thumbup:

I agree with what you said about good and bad lol, I think the bad part has what beens putting me off, I dont want to know that I'm not ovulating lol but I am thinking of a doctors visit in the next few cycles if they remain at 40+ days so if I find out I'm not getting the temp rise for ov then atleast I can inform the doctor, plus I've tried to have a more ntnp approach to ttc but I dont think I'm going to any where fast with long irregular cycles lol.

once again thanx for your help and I wish you much luck too :thumbup:

Oh yes forgot to mention shortly after posting first post I've downloaded an app on my tablet to record temps, menses etc its called ovuview, seems ok :)

my pre O temps are in the 96.xx something range but my post O temps are over 97... so its less than a degree but with temping that a big change... :)
I have two girls too... hoping for a boy this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->