deciding to have a third baby-any experience of 3?

hooch

Reaction score
We have 2 DS's. My husband and I are deliberating whether to habe a 3rd child.*Do you have any experience of 3 children?*I guess it would be hard at first but would get easier the older they are?Thanks for any thoughts.

I found the jump from 2-3 to be the easiest of all actually. 0-1 was hard cos it was our first and we didn't know what to expect, and 1-2 was just generally difficult because DD was so used to being the only one, and suddenly I found myself having to sometimes put her needs second to the baby's which was frustrating for her and for me, and I had bad baby blues (I suspect I had PND actually) which didn't help at all.

But 2-3 was easy. I was used to juggling more than one child already, and he just seemed to slot right into the family really easily.

Thanks, what i wanted to hear! Congratulations on your imminent arrival number 4. 3 can't be that hard then!

Will be stalking this thread!
Will be TTC a 3rd at some point. Interesting to see how others find it
Xx

I had the same experience as Alicecooper. Nr 1 and 2 were more difficult, while nr 3 slotted just right in. The age difference helped in some ways, though. My eldest 2 could be reasoned with, they were fine with delayed gratification while I feed the baby, they could do some things for themselves by that time, etc. I loved every moment of having that 3rd. :thumbup:

I can let you know in 4 weeks how number 3 fits in lol. Good to hear the transition is easier going from 2 to 3.

x

I found the jump from 2-3 to be the easiest of all actually. 0-1 was hard cos it was our first and we didn't know what to expect, and 1-2 was just generally difficult because DD was so used to being the only one, and suddenly I found myself having to sometimes put her needs second to the baby's which was frustrating for her and for me, and I had bad baby blues (I suspect I had PND actually) which didn't help at all.

But 2-3 was easy. I was used to juggling more than one child already, and he just seemed to slot right into the family really easily.

^^ this exactly xx

Wow, all so positive. Thank you. I will report back to dh!

3rd was lovely for us although my older boys are 13 and 9 now so not at all babies although the 13 year old is demanding in his own teenager way but thats another thread haha.

Honestly baby number 3 really was easy, he slotted in lovely...good luck xx

Im going to be different and say it has been a struggle but not impossible. It was ok at first but as she edged on 3mths and needed me more it got harder. At times I dont know who to see too first. I assumed she would fit into our lives but she had other plans and is happier at home lol.

Its getting a bit better now she can interact with the other two now and they adore her to bits. I dont regret it but I won't lie that I found it hard x

I think it can depend on the age of your others to be honest... My first 2 were 7.5 and 2.5 when my youngest was born (she's 3 months now). On the whole I agree with the others and she's fitted in perfectly but it has had it's challenging moments/days mainly with my 2 year old... Just in terms of splitting my time, both needing/wanting me at the sand time etc.

But generally speaking 2-3 hasn't been to bad for us... Go for it. X

There's ups and downs but that's with anything. I love having all 3 of my babies! It's a lot of work for me and I'm going/running nonstop. At this point I couldn't ever see my life any other way!
I'd say go for it and GL!! Xx

I found it no harder than going from 1 to 2,except now they are older (11,7 and 3) there are more fights and arguments lol.

I'm with midnight fairy... It hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped- but not terrible!!

Mine are still quite young and therefore still need a lot of input- getting dressed, wiping bums etc, where as a friend of mine has a similar aged baby and two older ones at school. Mine are not yet at school . I think that can make a big difference.

Being at home with 3 under 5s has sent me grovelling to HR for a return to work!

Well my jump was from 1 to 3! That was hard! Saying that we are planning number 4 (and last) so it's not all that bad.

My experience is fairly individual though, my eldest is only 3.5 and has behavioural problems (suspected ADHD or autism) and then twins(now 19months), i had three under two at one point. I find the logistics the worse but that's mostly the twin issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->