Decisions, decisions, what would you do girls?!

mummy_blues

Us n our identical BOYS!
Reaction score
looking for a bit of advice here. what would you girls do?

so I had a d&c exactly 2 weeks ago, when for my second post-OP check-up yesterday. got great news from the doctor who did an internal scan.
my uterine lining is looking very good and fine, its building up (we saw a fine white line on the ultrasound). no infection, everything in place, cervix has healed. He expects (based on my US pics) that my next AF be here on the 14th of July, meaning I would ovulate 30th June, so in 7 days from now, same thing as my CBFM is telling me.

the hospital did a post-mortem kinda check on the pregnancy tissue and found no abnormality nor causes of the miscarriage, so no molar pregnancy and the mmc was practically a matter of chance and bad luck.

"theoretically" he says I can get pregnant right away again in 7 days, my ovaries have "enlarged" a bit, meaning egg is going to be matured soon.
BUT - he said statistically, the risk of another MC is slightly higher if I got pregnant right away again than if I were to wait until August (good Lord, I have no idea how i can wait that long!).
He neither stopped advised me to try nor to prevent. He just gave me the pros and cons and left the decision to me, which i have to make in 7 days!

so girls, what would you do? Those who got pregnant right away without an AF, honestly, did you all have problems or miscarried again due to the fact that you should have waited?

Please, give me anything, would you or would you not wait? :nope::nope:
thanks.

Im aweful, I told you to risk it and try straight away!:dohh: Ive had 4 mcs, last one resulted in a mmc and d&c like yourself. My doc has never told me there is an increased risk of mc or to stop ttc for a bit to recover. This little smudge is the result of not waiting after the D&C/last mc eek!!:haha: And its going better than any of the previous pregnancies, so by far the best to record!! I suppose in the end its down to you, mine was more of I cant wait because of my age (nearly 42), tbh probably wouldnt have waited even if I was 22!!:blush: Good luck with whatever you decided hun!!:hugs:

PS:Thought I better add that my mcs arnt the result of not waiting either, I have a malfunction going on in there and daily heparin shot seem to be doing the trick!

thanks! sorry for you losses. hope this one sticks hard!!
it was only my first mmc, unexplained reason, my body didn't even want to miscarry and my hcg were rising until the day of the D&C-
here in germany, once a woman has had 2-3 recurrent mcs, she and her man has to go off to genetics testing and a whole series of tests to find out who is at fault. but I hope that won't happen to us, fingers crossed!

Sounds exactly the same as my fourth, my hcg was still rising too!!:wacko: Perhaps they are just more cautious in Germany than here in Australia?? Or perhaps I just didnt listen??!!:haha: They did testing on my fetal tissue too, but I havnt got the full report yet, prelims were all normal though, which is good but kind of frustrating iykwim!! Hope yours was just that horrible run of the mill bad luck!:hugs:

Hi, I voted to go for it straight away! my son was a result of not waiting for af after my 1st mc, and that pregnancy went fine.
unfortunately I have now suffered two more mcs, but even the latest one still took 3 months to concieve so I honestly dont think it has that much of an effect, especially if you u/s seems to be looking good!
Good luck to you in whatever you decide!xx

im gonna vote for risk it and try right away .. im taking this option myself xx

thanks girls, it NTNP until af on 14th july then. we don't want to put too much stress in this. If I am ready to be preggers, then it will come naturally. If not, move on to next month and be happy about it. esp when the doctor got the post-mortem report back and it said "unexplained causes" and it was purely coincidental, then it is probably independent from external factors.

I don't know. I had a natural miscarriage at 5 weeks and tried straight away only to then lose that. I'm not sure if the two were related, but one was natural and the other was 'missed', so I'm not sure if my body didn't have a clue what was going on so soon after the miscarriage hence why it didn't realise it was over and it was a missed miscarriage the next time. The doctors said otherwise and that these things can happen, but I wonder if they were related.

Also taking that issue aside, dating my pregnancy after the miscarriage was very difficult and made confirmation of my next msicarriage last about 3 weeks as they weren't sure how far along I was and therefore couldn't confirm I was too far behind on my dates. That was incredibly distressing and honestly, I wish I'd just waited.

So I'm voting wait another month xxx

Lol I am going to sit on the fence here and say dont out and out try, just dont prevent. If it is meant to be it is meant to be and unfortunaly nature will do its own thing. Statistically the risk is only very slightly higher and its normally because there are other problems going on that need sorting. My doc did the same as yours and left the decision up to me. I have not tried not tracked except I think I know when I ovulated. If it is meant to be, it will happen. Dont beat yourself up about it just relax.

i don't think I will have problem dating the pregnancy cause I use the monitor everyday (for prevention as well) and it tells me exactly by the day when I ovulate. plus the internal scans are very accurate to the mm, so no way they can miss the date. but as mentioned, it could be due to hormonal imbalances after a m/c..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->