Decorating advice please!

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
Whats the difference between Gloss and Matt paint?

Are walls meant to be Matt?

I need my OH to paint our daughters bedroom pink but he is clueless as well as me :dohh:

I know Gloss is shiny but i googled and about it and one person had put "help i've painted my walls in Gloss" So are you not meant to have shiny walls? Lol....Someone help me please! :dohh:

x

Yeah, walls and ceilings are meant to be matt and gloss is for your doors and skirting etc :thumbup:

You use gloss paint for woodwork/radiators and emulsion for walls and ceilings. Emulsion comes in either a matt or silk finish. The silk is the shinier of the two x

As above, gloss is for door frames etc and is a thicker shinier paint. For walls you need emulsion either silk, soft sheen, or matt finish. Silk is quite shiny but very hardwearing and washable, matt is more inclined to show marks and not all matt paints are washable and soft sheen is in between. I'd go for a hardwearing washable paint for a child's room preferably. There are paints that are specifically for child's room too I think xxx

The others have answered already but one thing to add on matt vs silk - if the walls are uneven/bumpy bits etc then silk makes it more obvious than matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->