Decreased movement

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Is it normal for baby to slow down at this point? I know it happens but I thought it was later on. She's gone from flopping and kicking all over the place, to only making the slightest movements a couple times a day. She is still moving so I guess she's okay, but its just like she only moves her feet slightly into another position and then thats it again for hours. I mentioned it to my doctor last Thursday and he didn't really respond about it....

I think as long as you're still getting your 10 movements in 24 hours then that's fine - shell be getting less room to wiggle about by now :)

As Magenta said - as long as you get 10 movements in 24 hours, you're ok. PLus, the movements change about now. Mine went from kicking and flops to gliding. It's the only way I can describe it! It like the feet glide against the inside of your uterus when they have less space.

I seem to be the other way around from everyone so i'm no use my LO has gotten more and more active the past few weeks... but i suppose i had hardly any before at all :shrug: Like others have said so long as you're getting the 10 movements no matter how little then you should be ok. If you're worried though i'd phone to get monitered :hugs:

It is normal, mine is quiet alot, and then there will be some days where she moves tons.

I have read that babies around this stage just have less room, so most of the time you feel them moving less often, but it can happen differently for everyone (some women feel less movement later and others sooner, and some don't get it at all, really). As long as your LO still moves 10 times a day, I'm sure she's fine. She's just getting big and cramped in there!

It's normal hon, movement changes to more wriggles than kicks and punches as less room. Like the others say as long as you still have around 10 a day, wouldn't worry too much x

I have very active days and very quiet days I guess it depends on how bubs is feeling. PS: Its 10 movements in 12 hours not 24. Best to count them Rae so you can put your mind at ease and call if you havent reached 10 after 12 hours.

Like everyone has said I'm sure you're fine as long as you're getting 10 movements over the period of 12 hours x

I think its normal. Just make sure you get your 10 movements a day! If your ever concerned just phone the midwife and say you want to be monitored! My LO slowed down really bad and was only making the 10 movements a day from 37 - 38 weeks. Since sunday she has defo made up for the slow down :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->