Defy doctor's orders?

hopefulmama2b

Angel Mama
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've been a lurker for sometime and have learned so much from this site! Now I have a question of my own that I was hoping to get help with. To make a long story short...I had a D and E this summer, which wasn't successful so had a repeat. Weekly betas tests since then. It's been 9 weeks since D and E #2. Doc says I have to wait for one period before we start trying again. Two weeks ago I did have what I thought was a period for 4 days (normal for me). Problem is doc says that doesn't count as my one period because my hcg's were still 16 at the time and they need to be below 5. Last week they were down to 10. Supposed to go back this week, but tired of needles!! Today I got a positive opk. I soooo want to do the unprotected deed tonight and tomorrow, but am afraid because I technically don't have the doctor's approval. Would I have an increased chance of another miscarriage? Because I obviously hate miscarriages more than condoms, I will wait if I have to. Thoughts?? Thanks so much for your time.

Hello and welcome :hugs: sorry for your loss.

I think you have to do what you feel is right, I had to wait 6 months, (because of retained tissue then had to wait for test results) last month I went to get my test results the day I ovulated thinking great we can BD that evening if tests were fine but they didnt have them when I got there so I decided to wait another month. It went quite quickly and now finally we have started to ttc again.

Anyway Ive rambled on a bit but all I guess im trying to say is it desnt hurt to wait but thats up to you. A couple of docs said wait 2-3 af's to me, others on here have got back to ttc straight away.

Good luck

Hi there - so sorry for your loss :hugs: there generally is no need to wait unless there's a medical reason - Dr's advice can vary on this one. Have heard also that d&c can leave the lining thin.

For me I did wait - but was having a consultant appt about my pcos so it made sense to wait for me.

Hope you get your sticky bfp soon whatever you decide.

hx

Thanks for your responses. I was so worried that I decided to call the doctor and see what they think. :) I'm just so afraid of doing something if it's risky. They didn't have too much to say except to be on the safe side I should maybe consider waiting until my next cycle. I talked with my hubby and we decided we're going to be a nervous wreck next time we get pregnant and we might as well not add one more concern to the mix. For future peace of mind we'll wait! I was just so looking forward to trying again. In time I guess... :)

Hello and welcome :hugs: sorry for your loss.

I think you have to do what you feel is right, I had to wait 6 months, (because of retained tissue then had to wait for test results) last month I went to get my test results the day I ovulated thinking great we can BD that evening if tests were fine but they didnt have them when I got there so I decided to wait another month. It went quite quickly and now finally we have started to ttc again.

Anyway Ive rambled on a bit but all I guess im trying to say is it desnt hurt to wait but thats up to you. A couple of docs said wait 2-3 af's to me, others on here have got back to ttc straight away.

Good luck

I had retained product as well. Sorry that you had to go through that. It is a hard and long, drawn out process. And such an wonderful feeling to know that it's FINALLY over! Best of luck to you.

Positive on LH strip in opk can be caused by remaining HCG in your blood. Without a lmp date, it's hard to accurately date gestational age, which can make things drawn out if you conceive and something goes wrong. A good endometrial lining needs to build up for successful implantation and a D&E scrapes it up. It's good you decided to wait till you can have greater peace and certainty about your next pregnancy. The reduction in stress alone may make all the difference in your outcome. Wishing you buckets of super sticky baby dust next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->