Dehydration, Bladder Pain....desperate for relief!!!

monkeygirl09

Reaction score
I'm 12 and a half weeks along, and I am concerned that I may be somewhat dehydrated. I still throw up almost every day......and I have had plenty of times when I have thrown up on an empty stomach, or thrown up water or stomach acid.

I wake up during the early mornings around 3 am and feel incredibly dizzy, weak and faint - I usually start to take sips of water then, but I find it hard to go back to sleep. I don't sleep well at all.

I've been having urinary frequency for a couple of weeks now - but whenever I go there is only a small to moderate amount of urine that comes out - NOT a trickle, mind you, but a small amount.....and then my bladder still feels full after that.

I have had bladder problems in the past and was diagnosed with a condition called Intersitital Cystisis or Painful Bladder Syndrome early in 2014. I was doing great before pregnancy, and I am so scared that my symptoms have come back.....and I can't take my normal pain meds that I used to :(

Could this be a dehydration problem, or more likely my bladder symptoms rising again? I have a lot of bladder "pain" where my bladder aches and feels tender and feels full.......but no burning or anything when urinating. The baby isn't that big yet, so it can't really be putting pressure on my bladder yet. I know I am not drinking enough water, as I have found it hard to eat and drink during my first trimester.

Anyone else have something similar to this?

My bladder has been my worst enemy so far. I'm 10w3d and from the day I found out, I've had a sore bladder from how full it gets all the time. I can't say my symptoms are as bad as you're describing, but I wake up 2 or 3 times a night to pee and my bladder always feels achey afterwards no matter how little or a lot comes out. I too feel like I have to urinate a lot, but only a small amount comes out each time. I drink a moderate amount of water so the frequent urination is normal, but the acheness is what concerns me.
I would say call your doctor and ask if it's something you can take your meds again for or if there is another treatment option. Sounds like it could be a bladder infection, and those can be easily treated with antibiotics that are safe for pregnancy. I'm planning on bringing up my amount of discomfort to my doctor in a week when I see her.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I also have IC that is somewhat on a break now after I had a hydrodistension procedure this January. I saw my urologist recently and he told me that in about 30% of cases IC goes away during pregnancy, sometimes even for good. Your frequency of bathroom visits will improve in the second trimester as your uterus grows. I wake up twice at night now which is better than some days before being pregnant. Also, I can't stress enough how important is to drink loads and loads of water. I continue drinking even at night. If my urine gets concentrated - it hurts. I monitor for infections and other stuff with pee strips I get from Amazon. Those are super helpful. I hope you feel better soon. You can PM me if you have any other questions. I will be happy to answer you :)

I was also found to have urinary infection about two weeks ago. Dr gave me antibiotics and the symptoms went away but now i feel like frequently urinating and not much comes out as well. I just wonder if the infection is back so soon? I am only seeing my gynae on the 5th. Just hope i can hold up till then.

I would advise you to consult a dr and check your urine to check for infections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->