Dehyrdation ...

Ablaski17

mommy to a little girl<3
Reaction score
This is going to sound so dumb but how do you know if your dehydrated ?

i get headaches!

you really need to drink, drink, drink when you're preggas

Your wee will be really dark. I get bad headaches too.

Yup - headaches for me too. I'm going through about 4 litres of water a day at least. Downside is I'm weeing ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!!!

I try to not drink after 8pm so that I'm not up through the night but sometimes I'm so thirsty I just can't help it.

I read a leaflet yesterday that said if ur thirsty,ur already dehydrated, so u need to stop urself getting thirsty.

I carry a big 1.5 litre bottle with me all the time, and fill it up when it gets empty. Doing that iv noticed i drink loads more- maybe 4 or 5 of those bottles a day.

True dehydration that needs to be treated by medical intervention can be told by the colour beneath your nails (dark is not good) chapped lips, a reddish hue to your skin, and most importantly there will be a white-greyish coating on your tongue. It is very important to go to the hospital if you're brought to this level due to vomiting/not being able to drink.

thirst, dry skin, low energy, dark urine and headaches. Take care! x

Headaches, fatigue, dizziness, dark urine (if you're drinking enough water it should be very light-almost clear)

any tips for ways to keeping your self hydrated? i hate plain water unless im really hot!
ive heard that if you press your finger to your fore arm and ur skin turns whiter/lighter where the pressure was applied, u are dehydrated but who knows ....

I figure, if you're drinking less than 64oz of water per day, you can just kind of assume that you're a bit dehydrated. And more water than that is really better, especially when you're pregnant.

As for getting enough water... I drink water from a 16oz glass. I try to have a minimum of four per day (equalling 64oz), and more is definitely better. If plain water is hard for you to drink, there are flavorings and things that you can add to it that may make it more bearable. I just had a friend telling me about this stuff called Mio... its zero calories and you add a few drops to your water and it tastes nice. There's a few different flavors of that... but even if you drink 64oz of lemonade per day, its better than not drinking anything at all. Juice does count towards your water amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->