Delay cord clamping for baby health

Does anybody know if you can still do delayed cord clamping after having the injection to help deliver the placenta? X

You do delay clamping first, then Clamp and cut then injection - at least that's what happened with me and we were a high risk delivery

You do delay clamping first, then Clamp and cut then injection - at least that's what happened with me and we were a high risk delivery

Thankyou. Iv been told I have to have a 'managed 3rd stage' so I wasnt sure if Id be allowed. I will speak to my midwife on weds to double check :) xx

I put it in my plan too so the actual midwife who silvered me knew my wishes, there is no reason to clamp immediately even with a managed 3 stage. This time I have to have a c-section due to health of baby, but if baby is ok I want delayed clamping this time too!

I delayed the cord clamping of my son I put it in my birthing notes and it was done it wasn't cut until it had stopped pulsing :thumbup: and I will be doing it again

Does anybody know if you can still do delayed cord clamping after having the injection to help deliver the placenta? X

Yes even if you have a managed 3rd stage you should still have time to delay clamping the cord as it usually takes less than 5 minutes to stop pulsing, so unless there is a need to whip LO straight away then you should get both :)

Yes even if you have a managed 3rd stage you should still have time to delay clamping the cord as it usually takes less than 5 minutes to stop pulsing, so unless there is a need to whip LO straight away then you should get both :)
Thankyou very much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->