Delayed period after stopping BC, no BFP

rabbitheart

Reaction score
Hi. How are you guys? I'm not a regular around here but I kind of wanted to see if anyone else had gone through this same type of situation.

I finished my last microgestin fe birth control pack (it's a combo pill) in late October/early November. Then I had a normal period about two or 3 days after the pill. I didn't continue to take it and in December, when I was supposed to get my next period... I completely skipped it. Of course I symptom spotted and got all worked up but after around 7 tests, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the case.

In early January I again did not get an AF. :wacko:

I know it's not uncommon to skip periods after discontinuing BC but I was only on it for around 10 months and I find it odd that I had the first withdrawal period.

I've never had noticeably irregular periods and maybe have only skipped once before, under stress.

Has something similar happened to you? Also, if it did... did it just come back on its own...? What did your gyno say about it and what did they do to help you, if anything? I have an appointment reminder in late February so I am going to go soon but I kind of want some peace of mind beforehand. I'm overweight and have some signs of PCOS (insulin resistance areas mostly- no losing hair and no irregular periods. My dr said I may have a little extra testosterone but she didn't seem concerned at all.) so it just scares me that maybe my body has just changed.

Thank you. :flower:

Hi unfortunately it really is just a,waiting game. Your first bleed is just withdrawal and not a true Af. I have been off bc since 6th october and have had cycles from 6 days long to 40 days long. Last month was 27 days so should be ovulating today going by that but... No signs at all of o.

hope it fixes it self soon xx

Hello

I was on bc for over a year and my first proper af came 37 days and then my next one was 44 days and they been irregular ever since but under 40 days before I went on bc they were every 28 days so gutted they are now irregular

My younger sister was on bc for about 6 months and it took a year for her af to come back, she went doctors after 6 months and they said if they haven't returned in a year then go back and they returned just before she went back, but when af did return they went back to 28 days that she had before bc

Everyone different but hope it returns soon :)

Thank you guys for the responses. That... kind of terrifies me that it could take up to a year. Haha. I read that 3 mos is the norm but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm also trying to lose weight but in a healthy way, so maybe that will help me out.

I kind of hate waiting and having no period for months makes me feel weird, like I'm stopped up or something. (though I know that's not how it works... lol)

I had been on BCP for 6 years and am on my 2nd cycle now! It took 33 days for me to ovulate and overall I had a 45 day cycle.

Everyones bodies react differently to coming off the pill. Some regulate straight away and some take ages.

I hope you get your AF soon! I am hoping for a more normal cycle this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->