Delaying your period.....

lovehearts

Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone has ever been perscibed something from the doctors to delay your period??? Not the bcp though.

Im just thinking i am going to be on my period for my holiday next year (if my cycles stay then same) and i really dont want that for obv reasons. I was thinking if i delay my period the month before so that it works out that i ovulate while im away instead of bleeding...also it would help with our ntnp plans for holiday (if my oh still agrees in may)

I know you can get something as a friend suggested it to me, i just wondered if it would affect my cycle a lot, when i ov etc. Have any of you other ladies ever done it? thank you xx

Hi hun, yeh I got something in September as I was due on the very first day of my holiday!! Nightmare!! Anyway, it's called norithistherone or something similar! Probably spelt it wrong!

It worked a treat! There are a few side effects listed, as with all medicine, the main ones were nausea and bloating. While I did have very mild nausea a few days, it wasnt bad at all and I just ate and it was fine! Didn't notice any bloating at all and to be honest, even if these were a bit worse than they were, I still think they would be better than AF showing up on your holiday!!

I didn't really have any problems with getting it, although she kept saying about my weight and that there is a very very slight increase, like tiny, in the chance of getting a blood clot, particularly because of my weight, but that my weight had an increased chance anyway, so if I was happy to have the tablets, she said she'd prescribe them!

I took my last one on the Thursday night (was coming home Friday) and came on on Sunday, which is what they say, 3 days after you stop taking them

And it didn't seem to affect my cycle this month at all so pleased about that too!

Thank you for your reply. I think ill go to the doctors nearer the time then, they dont delay you ovulating though - just the period right? So if i get them a couple of months before they will alter my cycle?!

xxxx

You would only take them for the time you want to, so three days before the period you want to delay is due untill when you are ready to come on, so for me I took 10 days of tablets. It didn't have any affect on my ovulation at all, well it certainly didn't for me anyway, settled straight back in to it again. I was worried about how it would affect me, but really pleased that it was all ok! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->