Delete

Good Luck Fay!! May there be a slew of 35+ :bfp:s this month!!!! (Or I should say for April! :winkwink:)
:dust:

hello all you fab ladies,

when ttc my first at 37 it took 6 cycles; gave birth at 38. Pregnancy was pretty rock `n roll but that`s another story ;) now ttc number 2 at 40, on cycle 6. Was secretly hoping would be faster this time, oh well ;)

With DS we started trying when I had just turned 38 and it took 20 months (I only have one working tube though as the other has a fibroid squashing it!). We started trying for baby no.2 when DS was only 3 months old, got pregnant the 2nd month trying, but had an early loss. :( We have now been trying for 9 months and still no luck. I did turn 41 in Aug though so between that and only one working tube it will probably take a while!!

I started TTCing at 37 and 2 years later got my BFP. I was completely unexplained with all tests coming back perfect for my age. I had 3 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF (but 8 blastocysts frozen) and a Frozen transfer worked.

I would say to people start trying a little earlier than comfortable, incase it takes a while, as long as you are ok if it happens quickly. I wasnt ready until I was 37, but really I could have started at 35 :haha:

Hi everyone,

It was really interesting to read all of the replies to this question. I got pregnant with our first child at the age of 31, instantly. I would like to point out that we were not trying and we said "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't". I went to the health centre because I felt "weird", were my exact words, and the nurse said she was doing a pregnancy test. It was positive. I couldn't believe it because it was not on my mind at all. I wish I could go back to that way of thinking and not obsessing over it so much.
I just started my period tonight, after trying for 20 months. I am upset tonight as many of you can probably relate. I am 35 and will be 36 in July.
Not sure what to do or what to do differently at this point. So, in answer to the thread question...I am still waiting for the BFP. Lots of luck and hope to everyone TTC out there.

Hi everyone,

It was really interesting to read all of the replies to this question. I got pregnant with our first child at the age of 31, instantly. I would like to point out that we were not trying and we said "if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't". I went to the health centre because I felt "weird", were my exact words, and the nurse said she was doing a pregnancy test. It was positive. I couldn't believe it because it was not on my mind at all. I wish I could go back to that way of thinking and not obsessing over it so much.
I just started my period tonight, after trying for 20 months. I am upset tonight as many of you can probably relate. I am 35 and will be 36 in July.
Not sure what to do or what to do differently at this point. So, in answer to the thread question...I am still waiting for the BFP. Lots of luck and hope to everyone TTC out there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Have you discussed this with your doctor? A scan and some hormone blood tests could rule out any physical problems (or identify something you could then fix). If everything is functioning normally, perhaps charting and using OPKs could help with the timing? Sending lots of baby dust and positive vibes your way. :hugs:
:dust:

Thank you so much. All my tests have come back normal and my husbands sperm count is perfect. The last doctor that we just saw a couple of weeks ago said that there is no reason we should not be getting pregnant. I also tried OPK's and I got a positive every single month and my CM is good. I am going to try Clearblue fertility monitor. I just ordered it.
My only question is regarding my husband. He works two jobs, 7 days a week so he is constantly tired and stressed. I am wondering how much of an effect his tiredness has on us trying to conceive? When we got pregnant with our first he did not have the second job.
Thanks again for the kind words and positive thoughts.

Thank you so much. All my tests have come back normal and my husbands sperm count is perfect. The last doctor that we just saw a couple of weeks ago said that there is no reason we should not be getting pregnant. I also tried OPK's and I got a positive every single month and my CM is good. I am going to try Clearblue fertility monitor. I just ordered it.
My only question is regarding my husband. He works two jobs, 7 days a week so he is constantly tired and stressed. I am wondering how much of an effect his tiredness has on us trying to conceive? When we got pregnant with our first he did not have the second job.
Thanks again for the kind words and positive thoughts.

its so frustrating when all the tests are normal but you are not getting pregnant. my tests were the same, and as I was turning 39 I went for fertility treatments after about 18 cycles, I do wonder if I would have ever gotten pregnant on my own. you are still young and have some time, but I understand the frustration.
if hubbies sperm count is ok then I dont think his stress would be playing a huge part? could you try acupuncture? so many swear by it, I started it on my successful cycle. I also took CoQ10 thats thought to be good for 'older' eggs. good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I will give acupuncture and CoQ10 a try. What was involved with your fertility treatments?

Thanks for the advice. I will give acupuncture and CoQ10 a try. What was involved with your fertility treatments?

well first I tried clomid on its own with just intercourse, then I did clomid with IUI x 2. then I tried injectables with IUI x 1. Got fed up and went straight to IVF! first cycle failed but had 8 frozen embryos, defrosted 1 in Jan and its worked so far!

well first I tried clomid on its own with just intercourse, then I did clomid with IUI x 2. then I tried injectables with IUI x 1. Got fed up and went straight to IVF! first cycle failed but had 8 frozen embryos, defrosted 1 in Jan and its worked so far!

Wow!!!! That must have been stressful. I hope everything goes well. I wish you all the luck in the world. Thank you for all your advice and info.

Wow!!!! That must have been stressful. I hope everything goes well. I wish you all the luck in the world. Thank you for all your advice and info.

good luck to you too! once it happens you will forget all the bfn heartache :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->