deleted

If it is something you like then do it. I like different names and my sons name is Rylan and no one for the longest time liked it but oh well :)

I like the name, people need to learn that if you got nothing nice to say you shouldn't say anything at all. I had SO many people against us with baby names, this time we decided we don't care! We are going to name him/her whatever we want.

Boy - Jaxon
Girl - Jocelyn

Luna is a completely awesome name! I love, love, love it!

I'm so sorry that your mom said something so hurtful. There's a time to bite your tongue.

Plus, I think she's wrong! Keep the name.

Everyone I've asked other than DH hates my name for a boy Tristan. I don't really care. I like it. I say if you like it, go for it. I knew a girl named luna when I was in high school. Of course I went to HS in NYC and we also had girls named passion, cookie, candy, buffy, moona and a bunch of other names that arent exactly typical. Just go with what feels right to you.

I don't love it but I don't think she will be teased for it.
As long as you love it that's all that matters.

I've always liked Tristan.

Luna Daisy is a little hippie-sounding for my tastes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. If you love it, stick with it. Your mother will just have to get over it.

My in-laws hate our choice for a baby boy (Constantine). They'd better hope we have a girl then, because if and when we have a boy, he will be Constantine.

There's always going to be someone who disagrees with your name choice.. It's a precursor to people finding stuff wrong with every little thing about how you parent, lol.

Everyone I've asked other than DH hates my name for a boy Tristan. I don't really care. I like it. I say if you like it, go for it. I knew a girl named luna when I was in high school. Of course I went to HS in NYC and we also had girls named passion, cookie, candy, buffy, moona and a bunch of other names that arent exactly typical. Just go with what feels right to you.

Which hs did u go to in NYC

I dont think the college has anything to do with the high school. The high school is for music and performing arts.

My mother is nothing like that, but my MIL is, so I understand the frustration. It's none of their beezwax. And seriously, I LOVE that name.

She had her children and he chance at naming them.
My family don't really like my girls name either, but I do and couldn't care less what they think !

Luna daisy sounds beautiful :)

Much like everyone else, I love the name Luna. And I think it's unique. And I think you should pick a name that you like. There's no sense in having to compromise, it's YOU and your s/o's baby, not your moms. :)

Also, Luna is a name on Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter lol

Word of advice: Don't tell anyone your baby name ideas! There's no real point to, and stuff like this happens. When you put the baby name out there before he/she is born, you are just asking for people's opinions and comments. If you legitimately do not want them, do not divulge that kind of information. But since you already have... ;)

The only thing I'd say about Luna is that not-so-nice people have been known, in my observation, to put "tic" on the end!

I think Luna is pretty and it WILL grow on her! My mother-in-law hated the name my brother in law picked for their first son (Xavier) but after they're born it's simply their name an you get used to it. Besides, now she's still getting used to their second son Wolfrik!

We like Jack Louis for a boy and Priya (no middle name yet) for a girl. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who hate it but who cares?

im just popping in from tww/ntnp. i have huge problems with my mum, have since i was 17. dont let her bug you. luna is a lovely name, and you will be a lovely mother. you may need to sit her down and tell her that this is YOUR baby, and your say goes. its a lovely name. H&H 9 months. :)

We don't tell people baby's name until s/he arrives, because nobody has a right to any say other than you and your partner. Let your mum get on with it. It really is none of her business, and she was out of order to be so rude x

I didn't tell anyone names last time (apart from on here) and won't again, purely because reactions like this can be upsetting. It's your baby, and as long as you and your OH are happy f*ck everyone else. It's a beautiful name :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->