deleted

One thing the blogger definitely has down and I will fight this point to my death. Don't ruin a perfectly spelled name with weird spellings... bc unless you have a VERY good grasp on how our language (and other languages) are annunciated then you could end up naiming your child something that will read entirely different to someone unfamiliar with how you intended your child's name to be pronunciated and that child will forever have to correct people.
Amen. People really are terrible spellers. My first name is Bridget and I've gotten used to the phrase, "Bridget with one T" because people ALWAYS seem to want to add an extra TE to the end, even though my spelling of the name is by far the most common in the US. My daughter is "Harley" and I keep getting "Harleigh," "Hayley," "Hailey," "Haley," and "Hadley," even though you would think that with "Harley" being the name of the famous motorcycle company, it would be pretty easy to grasp and spell. Don't give people an excuse to be even worse spellers than they already are!

That said, like I said earlier: the OP could get away with "Aleksandr," so long as you get used to the phrase "it's the Russian spelling of Alexander." My husband said he recently taught a Russian student named Aleksandr.

One thing the blogger definitely has down and I will fight this point to my death. Don't ruin a perfectly spelled name with weird spellings... bc unless you have a VERY good grasp on how our language (and other languages) are annunciated then you could end up naiming your child something that will read entirely different to someone unfamiliar with how you intended your child's name to be pronunciated and that child will forever have to correct people.
Amen. People really are terrible spellers. My first name is Bridget and I've gotten used to the phrase, "Bridget with one T" because people ALWAYS seem to want to add an extra TE to the end, even though my spelling of the name is by far the most common in the US. My daughter is "Harley" and I keep getting "Harleigh," "Hayley," "Hailey," "Haley," and "Hadley," even though you would think that with "Harley" being the name of the famous motorcycle company, it would be pretty easy to grasp and spell. Don't give people an excuse to be even worse spellers than they already are!

That said, like I said earlier: the OP could get away with "Aleksandr," so long as you get used to the phrase "it's the Russian spelling of Alexander." My husband said he recently taught a Russian student named Aleksandr.

Oh Aleksandr is a very nice name but yeah u def have to get used to that phrase! People aren't just bad spellers but bad listeners!!! Hahaha that's the biggest problem.

no one ever gets my name right, its even wrong on my medical documents lol

but I have a African first name, Indian middle name and Italian surname so most people get confused lol

that said my sons name is also wrong on his medical notes, they have him as Jak instead of Jake :wacko:

I ve never met anyone else with my name (although Ive found 1 or 2 people on Google with it who are all American for some reason) but my African friend at uni says its one of the most common African girls names, what confuses people more is its a Russian place name and because im clearly very white people assume its a polish name instead :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->