Dental treatment

princess31

Reaction score
Hi,

I know when you're pregnant you are entitiled to free dental treatment but do I need to fill in forms or something to get it?

Thanks,

xxx

You should have been given a form from the GP/Midwife when you told them you were pregnant. If not ring up and ask either one of them :)

The midwife filled something in for me and ages later I eventually got an exemptions card so you can get free dental treatment and prescriptions.

Normally you're meant to get asked to show it but I never have. You just tell them you have a maternity expemption certificate and the dentist asks when the baby is due.

They fill out the form at the 14 week appointment if they don't ask :D I only got my card through 2 weeks ago! :dohh:

i went to the dentist yday and just took my pregnacy notes as my work has my maternity certificate and i had nothing else to prove i was pregnant (except my bump haha) and all they did was ask for the babies due date and didnt even ask to see anything?

Im guesinsg they have your other details name addy nin nhs numebr - they can weed out the liars if someone does that and bill them so yip you'll be fine :D Im sure your bump kind of proved it anyway :rofl:

You guys are seriously so lucky! We dont get ANYTHING free here in the good ole US. That reminds me tho... I have a dentist appt next week. Atleast I dont have to have any xrays, I hate when they put the film between your teeth and make you bite them even tighter. :nope:

You should have been given a form from the GP/Midwife when you told them you were pregnant. If not ring up and ask either one of them :)

I got a form sent though not long after i saw my doctor (that was 3 weeks ago and im 8 weeks along now) but i still have a question and please forgive me if it's stupid..

do you get two forms or just the one, cause the one I got doesnt mention dental treatment anywhere so I got a bit worried (yes, i need to go and see the dentist :) ... badly :):)

I just got a maternity Cert (small white card) and it covers everything.

I found an NHS dentist today. :happydance: They didn't ask to see my certificate, just accepted it when I said I was pregnant. It was a good job though as I only received my certificate when I got home from work this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->