Dental work

ArtMom

Reaction score
Good Morning Ladies,

Having a bit of a freak out after losing a filling last night. I have read that it is safe to have emergency dental work done during pregnancy including x-rays (with shielding) and freezing, but I can't help but be nervous. I take a LOT of freezing to numb my mouth (red head thing).

I am currently 10 weeks along with twins, and I'm hoping that I can at least postpone a dental visit until the early 2nd trimester. I have no pain and the hole is easy to clean (it was an edge filling from a previous break).

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow and will bring it up with him as well.

Have any of you had dental work done in previous pregnancies?

I never had dental work while pregnant, but I am following!!
I just had a filling come out too. It's the exact same as yours, on the edge of a back tooth, easy to clean.
I'm only 4 weeks along, so I am not going to go until after I've seen my ob/gyn & discussed it, but I am wondering what other ladies know about dental work/pregnancy.
I am leaning towards just getting the filling replaced, no xrays, no numbing or pain meds.
It shouldn't be bad, it's so small...

I'm also almost 10 weeks pregnant with twins, and I've also lost a filling.

My plan is to wait until 2nd tri to have it replaced. I'm not in any pain and I'd rather wait. I think the freezing will be okay, but I'm going to avoid the x-ray if I can.

When I was 6 weeks pregnant I had the nerve removed from my wisdom tooth. And in a few weeks I am having all my wisdom teeth removed under general anesthetic. (Although I am debating asking them to wait until baby is born)
If it wasn't safe to do so they wouldn't do it at all. Fillings are fine to have during pregnancy. Xx

I have read different things regarding different dentists on here, but I'm a dental nurse & have been for 10 years.

We don't take X-rays on any woman who is pregnant. And certainly not general anaesthetic unless it was a huge emergency - as in if you were going to die. But most things with teeth can be nursed along with other procedures until the baby is born.

Fillings are fine, and so are extractions. Local anaesthetic is also safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->