Dental work?

LovingLimes

Reaction score
Has anyone had a wisdom tooth or other dental work while TTC or pregnant? I have a dentist appointment and am afraid that they will want a wisdom tooth out or other dental work that is more than a cleaning.

I'm scheduled to start O and BD the weekend of my appointment. Do I tell them I'm TTC and don't want to schedule anything other than cleaning until after I have the baby? Has anyone had anything done during TTC or pregnant? I'm being presumptuous thinking there will be something wrong, but I haven't been to the dentist in a while, so it's highly likely.

My friend had her wisdom tooth taken out at 36 weeks pregnant! I also had one taken out when TTC. It was all local anestitic and paracetamol for pain relief afterwards.

I just went to the dentist and had a filling. They say it's perfectly safe to have dental work in pregnancy, although they try to aim for second trimester. But obviously if you have concerns about it, you can let them know. I think you'll be just fine though. :)

Oh man when I had my wisdom teeth taken out they hooked me up to an IV to do "Twilight sedation" which keeps you awake but totally totally out of it. I would not do that pregnant nor do I think they would let me but cleanings and cavities might be a different story.

My densit will not do any fillings etc while pregnant . They always prefer to do it after the baby has been born .

Worth just asking and you can decide what treatment to have . Good luck

I had a filling done years ago when about 22 weeks with DD, they wouldn’t freeze me, awful experience! I didn’t like my dentist, didn’t agree with it, but he insisted. I think I’d just let them know you’re ttc and don’t wish to have anything extensive done at this point in time :)

No personal experiences at all, but from what I know, you should tell yr doc that you are TTC-ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->