Depo-provera shot...

I've been on it since after LO was Born. I like it. No im not breastfeeding.

How has periods been like for you since you've been on it?

I'm on it too and have no periods and I am breastfeeding. I had it after ds1 so I'd just say do your research as I was shocked to find (after I'd had it) that it can take a long time for your cycle to get back to normal when you come off it so if you're planning on ttc in the near future you need to consider that. That said I fell pregnant with ds2 only 3 or 4 months after my one shot of depo.

I'm on it too and have no periods and I am breastfeeding. I had it after ds1 so I'd just say do your research as I was shocked to find (after I'd had it) that it can take a long time for your cycle to get back to normal when you come off it so if you're planning on ttc in the near future you need to consider that. That said I fell pregnant with ds2 only 3 or 4 months after my one shot of depo.

I've read that it can take up to a year for fertility to return which I think is ok :/
Seems like it may not be the case for everyone especially u lol

I've read that it can take up to a year for fertility to return which I think is ok :/
Seems like it may not be the case for everyone especially u lol

As long as you know the facts about fertility it's up to you - but definitely doesn't always take that long! LOL We weren't even trying! ;)

I had mine last week and it 'took effect' yesterday and typically today I'm spotting :-( I was on it before I was pregnant too and it took me 8mnts to concieve (wasn't trying as such) i think it's great cos I never used to have periods they general stop after the 2nd injection- only problem is that it can take a while for fertility to come back.

Hated it. Breastfed and bled every day. I kid you not :wacko: what works for some doesn't with others

If you want ttc in next few years don't get it, even though it says 12-18months for period return it can be long wait.

Biggest mistake having mine! First 12wks were fine, second 12wks living nightmare not thing you can do about it :(

all the best

Oh I got it and have for a month now, kinda regretted it afterwards and OH was not happy about it at all as he wanted to ttc soon but I don't, anyways I haven't had a period yet only side effects are I get hungry a lot that's all so far. So February is my next shot but I won't be going back to it and might just get the pill, I don't plan to try for another till my son is near to two years and I hope when I do try that it doesn't take too long

I had my first one 3 months ago so due my next one tomorrow. I won't be bothering with it though. I have bled now for 3 months straight, have had a massive break out of spots that just won't clear up, and I'm constantly tired and worn out and now taking iron tablets for anaemia which the doctor has out down to a 3 month period :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->