Depressed about weight gain

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
I'm 11 1/2 weeks and up 20lbs!!!
This is my 4th baby. I have been eating terribly to fend off constant nausea. I'm so depressed :(

I wish I had better advice for you, but I don't. Just go with it! You body needed it!:hugs:
Congratulations on your 4th baby! Yay! how exciting!

If you feel up to it try some light exercising. Mentally it gives you a boost! You are growing a human being, give yourself a break. You will have plenty of time later to get fit (whatever that looks like for you). Be gentle with yourself mama.

I am starting to do a little exercise now that I'm getting a little energy back. The first trimester just totally knocks me down! I was running 3 miles 3x weekly when I found out I was pregnant. I just had twins 20 months ago and had just gotten back into shape and this was so unexpected and I wasn't prepared to deal with the nausea again:(

i am not feeling good, gained over 2 stone and im 31 weeks. I feel so fat and horrible, especially since i am quite slim. But we will lose the weight once baby is gone, some of the weight will be water retention, fluid, baby etc.

the weight gain is temporary! :)

I know how you feel, sort of. I have a total complex about gaining weight, I was already at my heaviest non-pregnant weight when I fell pregnant. Which while sure, by general standards was not really obese, but I've been petite most of my life so having some extra meat on me had been feeling weird.

I've actually lost a few pounds this pregnancy because of my nausea and vomiting, but despite that, my mom is actually on my case about gaining a ton of weight. Anytime I reach for a cookie or anything that might be considered a treat, she tells me if I am not careful I am going to end up 400 lbs. (I'd have to gain well over 200lbs to reach that goal.) Needless to say, I already have a ton of food aversion and trauma from eating due to the vomiting, having my mom add guilt to eating hasn't exactly made the whole thing any better. I've asked her to stop, but she won't listen. :shrug:

You are not unusual, I know of so many ladies who've managed to avoid throwing up by eating, and often the foods that help calm the stomach are high in calories and carbs. Sometimes when you're uncomfortable and have no energy, you have to do what makes you feel the best.

You will lose the weight again. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Maze I'm sorry about your mom adding guilt, I'm sure people are well meaning but it is not helpful at all!

What's done is done and you cannot "lose" weight when pregnant. 20 lbs. is a lot by 11 weeks but this happened to my friend and she changed her eating, started walking and only gained a total of 35 lbs. and only 15 lbs. more.

If it helps you I have had several friends gain a lot of weight very fast when they get pregnant for various reasons but some frankly admitted because they used it as a reason to eat a lot of the wrong stuff. You aren't alone.

And many women literally throw up all day unless they junk food. Happened to me my fifth pregnancy. I could literally only eat pizza rolls and Captain Crunch. I gained 13 lbs. The first trimester. I ended up only gaining 25 total.

Like I said, don't stress anymore just do your best to eat well and try to exercise (hard with the 4th I know from personal experience)

Congrats dear! Don't worry. Weight gain is normal during pregnancy. Do some exercises as suggested by your OB/GYn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->