Depressed. summertime blues?

shellb

Reaction score
For the past couple weeks I've been really depressed. Its nothing specific. Just my husbands been working a lot so I've been home by myself. My friends are inviting me out, but its always some drinking related activity. Which I would loooove to be doing but obviously can't. I know you can go without drinking but its just not that fun for me and just makes me envious. So, I've just started sleeping a lot. I feel like I'm slipping into a full depression now. I've had episodes before and go on meds but I just am not comfortable taking them now. I guess I'm just lonely and not enjoying pregnancy much. Any tips?

Ps. I work out everyday too which doesn't help with the endorphins anymore.

oooh I can so relate. DH has been working non-stop the past few weeks, leaving me bored and lonely. Some days I do get sad and just sleep a lot but find it is better if I force myself to get out and do things. I also have a history of depression/anxiety so am very wary of any symptoms and try to put a stop to it asap! I've gone to the movies a couple of times, have been reading baby care books, and I've also been doing pregnancy yoga - going to a class may help you meet other pregnant ladies to share this time with. Hang in there!! :hugs::flower:

I like the class idea.... its just so hard to actually do it. Ill look into it now though.

Thanks. I hope you feel better too

I'm actually feeling great now that summer is officially here.
I've just entered my 2nd tri, and will be finishing it up at the end of summer, so that alone makes me happy that summer's here. It gives me a sense of making progress.
And even though it's sooo hot already (I live in the Southern US) summer is a fun time at my work, when the workload seems to get a little easier. I teach preschool, and we actually use academic curriculum during the school year, but in the summer it's more of a "fun", relaxed time: we have splash-days, special fun visitors, lots of special treats and activities, etc. So work gets a little less serious and more fun during the summer, and I'm looking forward to that.

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->