depressed ttc# 1 and just heard bad news

miamigal27

Reaction score
Hello everyone, here is my story DH and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months with no luck, have been temping for 2 months and checking LH, husband has been having some urinary issues so got a semen analysis done just to be safe. The results don't look so well.

Count: 98million
Morphology 6%: normal is suppose to be >4 but 6% isn't that great
Motility: 26%: normal is suppose to be >31%

so worried if we can conceive naturally. Has anyone had these kinds of numbers and conceived, am I correct in worrying so much.

Havent had to deal with this situation personally but didnt want to RNR. Sending :hugs: your way

Get your dh on zinc. Zinc will help increase not only quantity but also in quality and will help with healthy mobility of them. I had dh on zinc and folic acid to give us all the help we could get. If it doesn't help its still an inexpensive trial.

I have no experience with SA results, but ((hugs))

thanks for the words ladies.....i know it can always be worse, but this just hurts, going to urologist tomorrow to see what's going on with him.

Your semen analysis looks normal to me. My husbands results were way worse. Count: 3mill Morphology: 2%. He has started his first round of menopur injections. Dr said it is possible to still get pregnant yet chances are VERY slim. I would just give him maca and sperm aid supplements to increase possibility. People have also recommend I use pressed. Baby dust to you!!!

Sorry to hear, did you ask the doctors to get a sperm count for your other half, we are in a predicament ourselves and just wondering if this is something we can get looked at. X

Your husbands count looks good , morphology is really low and motility looks a little low, you can improve morphology and motility by having him avoid hot tubs ,avoid alcohol and have him take a good multivitamin if he is not already.

Sorry to hear, did you ask the doctors to get a sperm count for your other half, we are in a predicament ourselves and just wondering if this is something we can get looked at. X

actually we don't insurance but DH is a med student so knows about this stuff, he went to a private lab, after we tried for 5 months. He is the ocd type and turns out he was right we did have low numbers. I believe it costed $120 at anylabtest

Your husbands count looks good , morphology is really low and motility looks a little low, you can improve morphology and motility by having him avoid hot tubs ,avoid alcohol and have him take a good multivitamin if he is not already.

thank you lisa, yea we have gotten some vitamins, he doesn't smoke or drink. We did get fertilaid for men and fertilaid motility boost, l carnitine, and pycnogenol. I will get him to start exercising more. hopefully the combination of all this helps, until then we will continue to temp, try and pray.

SA results aren't reliable with just one sample either. His numbers are fine, if you wanted to do an IUI they'd be more than happy with those numbers. It's only been a few months, keep at it

SA results aren't reliable with just one sample either. His numbers are fine, if you wanted to do an IUI they'd be more than happy with those numbers. It's only been a few months, keep at it

that's what the urologist said....we need to keep trying and see after 9 months. hopefully the fertilaid helps

thanks adrianna.....we want to be able to do it naturally thats why have put DH on the fertilaid. Hope we don't have to go to the IUI route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->