depression and counselling

cabbagebaby

Mummy To Tyler <3
Reaction score
i had a assesment today and the lady said im depressed but need to have more counselling to see if i need medication just wondering what actually happens in counselling ?

who did you have a assement with hun? im a trainee councellsor and every one works different we dont deal with giving medication thats for the doctor or mental helath nurse to do to do but we do work with people on meds.

we do a first session where we just listen to your probelms ect
then the 2nd one we just work from the begining we never tell you what we think were there for surpport and to help you work throughyour thoughts and feelings its very confidental we will only speak about it with other people if your in danger a harm to your self or others or a terroist i had loads of councelling so if youve any questions just ask x

I have been on practically every anti-depressant and mood stabilizer there is. In my opinion, they're no good. I don't see how anyone could feel THEMSELVES on them. I feel lost and not there when I use medication, and I only get more and more depressed. I believe councelling and talking about things or writing them down helps but I wouldn't recommend having them put you on pills. Exercise and eating healthy and sleeping well is what helps me. Hope you find the thing that could work for you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->