Depression in pregnancy. PLEASE HELP!!!

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
This may be a very touchy subject so I apologise in advance e but I really need help. I have really bad depression and anxiety, I’ve suffered since I had my son 6 years a go and was put on antidepressants because of post natal depression. Doctors have had me on and off them since. I was in a really really good place when I was pregnant with my daughter (4 years a go) but was put back on them just before me and my ex husband split in 2015 after a suicide attempt (told you it was a touchy subject) after that I finally had the balls to leave my ex husband (my children’s dad) and my life went up and up from there. I’ve been on them since but doctors took me off them in August last year because I was in an amazing place mentally and physically. I was put back on them in February because my mental health took a turn for the worst and everything has been amazing since ive had that bit of extra help from my medication. I’m in a relationship and he’s truly my best friend and we found out last week I was expecting a baby together. We are absolutely overjoyed and so excited! BUT my mental health hasn’t been amazing lately and to be told I have to stop my medication cold turkey has really took its toll. Obviously I have because I don’t want any harm coming to my little spud but today it’s really hit me hard. I’ve been trying to keep positive but I’ve been sat in my car in a car park for the past 3 hours after walking out of my dads after he shouted at me for something work related (I work for my dad and I’m my mums full time carer also) I’ve been ignoring all calls and texts and it’s safe to say everyone is worried which I feel awful about but I just don’t feel like I can talk to anyone right now. I’ve sent a few texts to my boyfriend saying I’m ok but that’s it. I’ve cried so much since I’ve been sat here. I just don’t know what to do. I’ve had all the thoughts of I wish I wasn’t here etc I seriously just can’t cope right now. I’ve tried calling my doctors but they are shut. I really need someone to talk to just to tell me it will be ok and give me a push in the right direction. I’m hurting so much 💔💔

Didn't want to R and R... I don't suffer from depression, but I do have anxiety. Sadly, the hormones from pregnancy tend to make everything much more intense and there's not much you can do except remind yourself it's in your head that is not right, not necessarily everyone else. The first trimester seems the worst for emotions. I am there with you feeling like crap sometimes. I hope it passes for you soon... your bf is there for you and that matters a lot. I don't know what I'd do without my husband as he's also my best friend. I hope you can get some relief soon :hug:

Hi! I'm sorry you are going through this. I know pregnant women can be on antidepressants during pregnancy but i'm sure the kind and dosage needs to be discussed with a doctor. My best friend was on them the whole way through her pregnancy and has a happy, healthy baby girl. I do believe it was a reduced dose. Is this something you can discuss with your doctor, finding something pregnancy safe? (I'm not suggesting you take anything on your own without doctor's orders.) :)
Best of luck!

I'm a strong advocate for taking anti-depressants before, DURING, and after pregnancy. My doctor put me on AD's during my last pregnancy because of a very unfortunate situation I was put in and it was my lifesaver.

Please talk to your OB about restarting a new regimen. There are always going to be risks, but I firmly believe a mentally healthy mama is what is most important. And please do not allow any future doctors to take you off of them just because you are doing well. When you are doing well, the pills are doing their job! There is a difference between seasonal/situational depression (which is what I had), and prolonged depression. In my case, I was off of them within 2 years. In yours, you may need them long term and there is NOTHING wrong with that. :hugs:

I agree that you need to speak with a medical provider as soon as possible. There are antidepressants that are acceptable to take during pregnancy. There is always a risk-benefit analysis to consider, and any minor risl to the developing fetus is likely to be outweighed to the benefits of being carried by a mother who is mentally and physically able to function. Give yourself credit for recognizing what is happening with you, and please allow your family/boyfriend/friends to care for and support you while you get this sorted out.

:hugs:

I hope you've been able to get through the doctors to get an appointment. Just knowing your going to get to talk to someone about management can be a relief.

I hope sharing here helped a little bit, and if you get a chance let us know how you're doing. I know it's so scary going through those panicked shut-downs :hugs:

Hey ladies sorry I kind of shut myself off from the world since Wednesday. I couldn’t get a doctors appt so hoping they can get me in Monday or Tuesday before I go away. Life has been pretty crap since then so I’m kind of desperate at the moment.
Letting it all out here gave me some relief but didn’t help completely.
Will let you know if docs get me in Monday

Hey ladies sorry I kind of shut myself off from the world since Wednesday. I couldn’t get a doctors appt so hoping they can get me in Monday or Tuesday before I go away. Life has been pretty crap since then so I’m kind of desperate at the moment.
Letting it all out here gave me some relief but didn’t help completely.
Will let you know if docs get me in Monday

Hang in there! :hugs: You've been through this before so you know it gets better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->