Desperate for a scan!!

Laura2806

Mummy to DS & PG w/twins
Reaction score
Getting soooooooo impatient awaiting for a scan!

By lmp I'm 11wks but it's more like 5! (PCOS) I'm hoping it will be in the next three weeks!

What are my chances of MW booking the apt at my booking apt tomorrow? And can anyone tell what I can expect to see if the scan is next week (6wks) wk after (7) or wk after that (8) obvs the later the better in terms of seeing more but I'm so desperate to know how far along we are I want it sooner, but then I'm scared we won't see a HB if it's next week. Going slightly crazy and rambling now! :dohh:

Hi,
try not to worry I'm sure all will be ok.
I got my scan letter before my booking appointment but maybe it is different in different areas?
I had a scan at 5weeks and 3days with my first it had to be transvaginal but I was lucky to see a heartbeat an fetal pole. However I have heard a lot of stories of people at 6 weeks who did not see anything and then spent a week or 2 until there next scan worrying.
Sorry I can not be more help!

Thanks hun, I'm hoping MW books it tomorrow, if not I'll ask if I can call them to arrange it. That's my worry that it'll be too early and we won't see a HB, once we've saw that I'll be ok lol

From reading posts I think they prefer to do it transvaginal until about 10+ weeks I'll be 13 weeks before I get my first scan and I feel like I'm waiting for bloody Christmas!!! Luckily I have a Doppler so at least I get to listen to it's heartbeat while I wait I do it at least twice a day and baby HATES it I have to chase it all over the place lol I can even hear it kicking the Doppler you can hear the thuds :) fingers crossed you get your appointment soon x

Thanks Hun, when did you start doppling? I have a sono line b from my previous pregnancy but again don't want to start too soon! So impatient right now lol I guess once I start back work it'll be easier but that's like 3 whole days away! Haha

I'd imagine if you say lmp was that long ago and you don't really know how far along you are then she will book a dating scan pretty quickly and you'll get a seperate 12wk one.
Xx

I was trying to find baby from 7weeks buy didn't find it until 9-10 weeks only very faint now it's so loud, it's nice to hear it getting stronger and stronger definitely helps put your mind at ease, yeah I can imagine them wanting to scan you pretty early if your dates could be 11 weeks from your lmp x

Raspberry that's what I'm hoping for :)

Alex I think I might see when the scan is and if it's not too long away wait until after that to dopple, don't want to panic myself lol plus if I got by that rule I could be 8/9wks so got a better chance then :) I found my lb at 12wks but hadn't tried before then so don't know if I'd have found him sooner, I used to love just sitting listening to him and I love it when they kick the probe! That was when if let my first kick, think the Doppler confirmed what it was lol

I find it so weird that you can't book your own scans! Here the midwife just gives you a little referal slip, you choose when and where to have your scan done. I'd hate to have to wait for a time that suited someone else, it would drive me nuts.

It's more a case of when in terms of gestation rather than when suits them, we can change them no problem though :) we have to choose a hospital at our booking appointment so our bloods go to that hospital and they have us down as being pregnant. I'm between two hospitals ATM but that's another story lol

I find it so weird that you can't book your own scans! Here the midwife just gives you a little referal slip, you choose when and where to have your scan done. I'd hate to have to wait for a time that suited someone else, it would drive me nuts.

It's more a case of when in terms of gestation rather than when suits them, we can change them no problem though :) we have to choose a hospital at our booking appointment so our bloods go to that hospital and they have us down as being pregnant. I'm between two hospitals ATM but that's another story lol

If its an inconvenient time/day you just phone up and change it. So as Laura says, its just about you being at the appropriate gestation, not about them dictating exactly when you need to attend for the scan. Even if they cannot fit you in at the absolute best time for you, you're still entitled to paid time off work for the appointment which was half a days pay when I was working. Not sure whats so weird about this??

Now it's upto your employer on how long they give you, my last place was 2hrs, I had to travel for over an hour (there and back) let alone appointment time etc. I start a new job monday so don't know what they will allow me, this time I have half the traveling to do though so that's a bonus!

Booking apt today so hoping to find out when the scan will be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->