Development + Sleep

littlelady

Reaction score
Ok i no it was only leeons 1st birthday on saturday but he doesnt stand alone yet doesnt even have the balance to do it for a second but yet cruises the furniture all the time and hes having night terrors its awful its always excactly 1 hour after hes gone to bed any ideas??

I really don't know about the terrors...does he fall asleep on his own? If your holding him until he falls asleep then putting him down maybe he wakes up in a diff place and it scares him?

As for the walking I wouldn't be concerned at all, my 2nd son didn't stand until 14mo and walked at 14 1/2mo. Our pedi said as long as they are trying by 15mo thats in the normal range. I was scaredbecause my oldest walked at 9mo so it seemed to take forever for Casen to do it

yeah he tries to let go and walk to me but falls straight away he just has no balance what so ever just a little worried as thought by now hed be able to stand alone atleast for a few seconds and he falls asleep on his own always has done and always been a good sleeper just horrible standing watching him cry in his sleep he sounds terrified and upset he doesnt even no im there just wish i could prevent them in some way??

Poor baby :( I wish I knew something that would help

If he is able to cruise I'm sure he's strong enough and the balance will come, I really wouldn't worry too much right now, just keep trying to walk with him, work out his legs and stuff

yeah he really tries just the balance or it could be the co ordination??? just woprried bout it being co ordination as he always seemed to have a lazy leg???? and the night terrors i wish someone could help lol

If it seems something is off I def would ask your dr, but if everything seems fine he just isn't walking or balancing yet I wouldn't worry about that part. But if you think something is actually wrong I'd def talk to someone :)

yeah will wait a little longer see how he goes just hope its nothing to do with the lazy leg issue my health visitor has apparently just left so not sure where i go from here and still not had the appointment through for his 12 month injections

My niece didn't walk until she was nearly 2 years old!!!! Shuffled on her bum, She would stand but then sat down. Had her checked out and doc said there was nothing wrong, she then started walking one day and hasn't stopped! The doc said she will when she is ready. All babies are different, if you are a little worried, get him checked out.

Sorry can't help with the night terrors, hope it sorts itself out. Gabbi has screamed a few nights, I jump out of my skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->