Dexter Stanley Gonsalves Cuthbert

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
Hi all

So I had the baby on the 6th May at 12.33. I went into labour at about 12.30 Tuesday am. I had just come back from a long day in Hexham where we had attended Tom's (OH) grandma's funeral, I'd also had a midwife appointment (for a second stretch and sweep) had eaten a curry and did lots of walking. I started getting strong contractions straight away but tried to sleep without much luck so at about 1.30am we called a taxi to take us all the way back to Hexham again, where I was due to have Dexter in a midwife led unit. Tom didn't tell the taxi service about the labour until the taxi had arrived much to his shock (he'd only been on the job for a couple of months) but he took us anyway.

The trip to the hospital is about 20 miles, Tom told the taxi to drive slowly but he bombed down the dual carriageway at about 80 miles an hour. A deer ran out in front of the car as we neared Hexham and we narrowly avoided it, I of course screamed and there was a bit of panic but what a cool story for the future.

We eventually got to to the hospital and after about 10 hours Dexter was born. Just before he was born meconium (baby poo) was evident when my waters broke so they were going to arrange that I be transferred back to Newcastle (where they have doctors in them maternity unit) for safety reasons as this can be dangerous but Dexter decided that he was going to be born whether we liked it or not and he arrived about 10 mins later weighing 8Ibs 7 (3.8 kilos). The midwife said she was lucky to catch him :)

All three of us are doing very well and the labour was pretty much textbook, gas and air is amazing by the way.

Chantal, Tom and Dexter xx
https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/100artworks/Telandbaby.jpg

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/100artworks/Dexter2.jpg

sorry i have posted this on the wrong thread.

If anyone can tell me how to delet i would appreciate. Sorry again

aww massive congrats babe! sorry I dunno how to delete either I have wondered before tho.

:hugs:

sorry i have posted this on the wrong thread.

If anyone can tell me how to delet i would appreciate. Sorry again

Don't be sorry - it was lovely to read your birth story and see your beautiful baby!

Many congratulations :cloud9:

congratulations he was born on my birthday yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"