dfs - interest free credit?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

some of you might remember a few weeks back my OH broke our sofa. Well i originally said that there was no chance of getting one before xmas but OH looked under the sofa and the spring is sticking out the bottom and we have had to shuv a rug under the sofa to stop it from scratching the laminant :dohh:.

Anyways i been having a look online and noticed that dfs do a 4 year interest free credit which would be helpful as it means i could order a 500 quid sofa on there for just over 8 quid a month.

my question though: i have no intention of paying it off over 4 years so would i be able to just pay it all off after xmas?

Im sure we didnt do ours over four years.... Im sure it was 6 or 12 months. Pop and ask though xxx

im sure you can. it makes no diff to them money wise.

we got ours with SCS and we set our length too - cut it in half from 4 yrs to 2. and if i remember rightly we could pay more off if we were more flush

we got ours from argos - 12 months interest free and you dont have any payments just make sure you pay it off before the year is up!

we bought our bed from dreams which was £83 a month for 12 months - paid extra off but only before the payments started - you couldnt do it after they start x

We got ours from scs & the woman said to us we can pay it back early if we choose.
Maybe say you only want it spread over a year then just pay extra each month?

Cx

thanks girls im hoping that i can set it up to be over 4 years so i can just make the small payments until after xmas and then just ring them and be like 'ya wanna pay it off now' :haha:

We got ours for 4 years at £25 a month for 4 years. I would love to pay it off early

I work for one of the companies that DFS use for the finance. You're free to pay it off at any time. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. :flower:

When we got ours and signed up, our financial agreement ended up being with Barclays i think.

We've paid off extra with our kitchen every month when we can afford it. I'd do it :lol:

We bought a sofa through interest free credit with DFS 3 years ago and set our own term length - it'll be paid off at Christmas! I'm pretty sure that you can settle it whenever you like, just didn't bother with ours as it was only £30 a month so we don't miss it. x

yes you can settle whenever

Yes, you can pay it off whenever. Although a lot of DFS sofas are made to order. Ours took 16 weeks after ordering to arrive. I think they do some that are quicker delivery though, but something to think about if your desperate for a sofa. :thumbup:

Yes, you can pay it off whenever. Although a lot of DFS sofas are made to order. Ours took 16 weeks after ordering to arrive. I think they do some that are quicker delivery though, but something to think about if your desperate for a sofa. :thumbup:

Ours took 8 weeks to come

And our finance is with creation

If it's interest free for 4 years, why not set the payments over 4 years and just pay the normal payment each month. If, in a few months, you have the money to pay it off, put that money in a savings account and earn some interest on it :)

I really recommend DFS, our sofa took 4 weeks, was beautiful and the agreement was set up quickly with no problems.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->